SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically change rate category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to change the customer's rate category dynamically when the customer's read threshold changes for an actual read.

I'm assuming this should be part of meter read upload process to change the rate category but i'm lconcerned on the overall performance of the Meter read upload interface.

Are there any other ways of acheiving this? Can you please let me know your suggestions?

Thanks,

Sachin

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sachin:

Your requirement seems a but strange and might be a result of some problems in the customizing of billing. Rate category should not be changing in such a manner. Billing design should be able to handle these requirements.

There is no standard for such an enhancement. If still required, you might consider a separate program.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. This is needed only for demand customers that has a demand threshold..I'm assuming you're referring to the way rates are designed in billing to charge the right charges, right?

0 Kudos

From my point of view, yes the rates should be designed such a way that it can handle this requirement, check the consumption has crossed thresold limit and charge accordingly. There is no need to change Rate category for this.

If thresold limit is crossed, what kind of actions are required? Extra charges or something? Changing Rate category will bill according to new rates which could be incorporated in current Rate category only with thresold check.