cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return, Zero Price

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were on the user testing stage. Something went wrong to the production server and the back-up copy was loaded to that production server. Configurations were transferred and upload of data is being done.

One of the issues I encountered is about sales return (Reg Ret Charge VAT). My client says before when they enter the material, the amount (or price of the material) becomes zero but this time the amount reflects the real amount of the material (just like making a regular order). Client want to put back the original setting wherein the price becomes zero when material is entered for sales returns.

Please guide me on what I can check.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you people.

(closing this thread. incorrect interpretation into words on my end.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestion?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I dont know why you were creating the return order with reference to parent sale order which should have been referenced against parent billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you please give your reason(s) why RE order should be created by refering to billing document; and not ref. to a sales order?

SAP permits both, in standard functionality.

Thank you, in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could think of the following options:

1) For the return document, ZRET+ item category group etc...define a item category ZREN and make the pricing field as blank--this will always make the document value as ZERO.

2) In VOV8, for ZRET assign a new pric proc indicator and define a new pricing procedure for this document/returns only..and in that pricing procedure mark all condition types as statistical so net value of the document is ZERO.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

^^

thank you. I will try that later.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in VOV7, for your RE item category (e.g. REN), field "Pricing" make BLANK.

(just check what it currently is, and communicate that)

and then create RE orders. The price of material shall be 0.

But remember, if have the same item category for RE and for OTC normal sales process; then do not do this.

But most probably the item categories are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have the same issue. When I create ZRET document (va01 with reference to a Sales Order), the amount still appears. My client wants it to be zero.

- sales document type for my return item: ZRET (viewed from vov8)

- checked vov7 and there is no ZRET entry on the list. tried creating new entry (still vov8), but there is no "item category" ZRET that I can add.

Please help.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your initial post gave me the impression that RE (return order) is created and prices in Tab condition are given manually. In a later post, you are saying RE (return order) is created by referring to a sales order. Which one is it?

go to VA02, in your return order. check what is the item category?

Then go to VOV7, and for that item category, in field "pricing" give BLANK

In VTAA, return order <-- sales order

For that item category, give Pricing = B (redetermine pricing) and test.

-

I have been thinking,

1) if the business does not want any prices (i.e. price = 0), then WHY are you (going to) creating a RE credit memo? As in this case, there is NOTHING to pay back to the customer.

process = RE return order --> LR return delivery, RE credit memo

So, explain what are the process steps you have configured in the RE process?

2) Are there any charges you are going to payback to the customer, in this RE process?

Freight charges, Taxes etc. etc.

If yes, then at item category level, VOV7, you can NOT give pricing = Blank.

This shall be applicable for the entire line.

3) If you don't want any prices / bills -

have you thought about RE --> SDF (subsequent delivery Free) --> LF?

or RE --> LR

Give some background information as to why user / client wants prices = 0? (for all material?)

Edited by: Typewriter on Sep 24, 2011 9:15 PM