Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Spool Request Queries

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have few queries regarding spool in slap. I will be glad if some one can help me.

1. In SP01 what is the difference between print directly & print with changed parameters.

2. If a spool request is in waiting status for a long time, what does it mean.

3. If a user wants to reprint his document again what should i do.

4. what i have do to use users OS level printer as SAP printer. i mean if a user has given a print if SAP couldnt able to find printer it will be in error status. In this case i want to reprint that document from users OS level default printer.

5. What are the regular spool problems and resolutions.

ding

Kindly help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mahesh,

1. Print directly will send the spool req. to the printer defined for the user id, with changed parameter, the user can redirect the spool request to be printed on any other printer defined. There are other options of changing the priority etc.

2. That means that all your spool work processes have been occupied by other spool requests and the request is waiting for the work process to be released.

3. The user needs to give the spool request no. in sp01 and then print it going forward.

4. There are 2 workarounds for this

i. you have to define the locl printer same as for your OS in SAP and maintain that as locl in spad.

ii. Follow point 3 and reprint it using any other printer available.

5. No definite answer to that. Its an ocean to explore :D.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Edited by: Rahul Dwivedi on Sep 15, 2011 11:12 PM

Answers (0)