cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to roll back changes made by other user in nwdi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

my doubt is.

if there are errors in the WD NWDI project (cause developer before me had deleted/ added some of the code which is causing those errors).

how to roll back the code changes which were made by other user.

i think through sync option but when we sync to a earlier date we cant check out the code to make changes.

help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Follow the below steps:

1.Sync your code to earlier date and time till it was working perfectly.

2. Go to navigator and copy src folder of your DC and save it in your hard disk (e.g. desktop)

3. As in older code you are not suppose to check out so Sync your latest code from NWDI

4. copy all the three folders of your src folder(configuration,packages,mimes) which you have saved in your hard disk.

5. Again Go to Navigator and right click on src folder of your DC and paste all three copied folders into it. It will ask for new activity to create.

6. check in and Deploy that activity and you are done.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks rohit.

but if there are changes in the context, i mean if one more attribute is created and it is been used a UI element.

then the above process works.

My doubt is.

src folder(configuration,packages,mimes)

Will these file contain all the code including the context attributes and the mapping informatin and every thing else.

(except Libs)???????

can you plz tell me where the context attributes and mapping informantion and source code and model information are stored (in which folder).

thanks in advance

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I will roll back all the code changes including the context attributes, the mapping information and model information.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks madhu.

ur reply solved my problem.

for others.

Follow the below steps to solve the problem:

1.Sync your code to earlier date and time till it was working perfectly.

2. Go to navigator and copy src folder of your DC and save it in your hard disk (e.g. desktop)

3. As in older code you are not suppose to check out so Sync your latest code from NWDI

4. copy all the three folders of your src folder(configuration,packages,mimes) which you have saved in your hard disk.

5. Again Go to Navigator and right click on src folder of your DC and paste all three copied folders into it. It will ask for new activity to create.

6. check in and Deploy that activity and you are done.

Answers (0)