Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project without RA calculation

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Is possible that Project not assign RA key,no RA calculation,then settle ?

If can be,how to settle to GL account in settlement rule?

BR

Regina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, my test case is just post actual cost in this period. the Settlement period should be the same for this period,right?

Is there any way to help to check which config or data not ready then cause settle can't be ?

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

I make another simple case without RA key assigned~

1. Project only have WBS without activity: post revenue & cost with WBS then settle,it's work !

2. Project have WBS & acitivity: cost with WBS can be got to settle, but activity post cost/expense account can't be get to settle.

no matter cost element or GL account in activity can't be settled. Actually it should be otherwise project create only WBS is not enough!!

Any idea for this?

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the activity in PS also need to assign settlement rule,then CJ88 can be work.

How to auto fill the settlement rule into activity when project defin.or WBS were assign?

Ans: change strategy of network type parameter

Edited by: Regina Tsai on Sep 17, 2011 5:14 PM

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Tks your reply. I try to settle it as follow scenario but not work,anything wrong with config?

Ssender: cost element A 100

Receiver: dr. account B 100

cr. cost element C 100

IMG

Allocation structure:

- Assignment -> source: cost element: A

-> settlement cost element: receiver is G/L,cost element C

Settlement rule in WBS: receiver: account B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get any error message? If yes, please post it. Secondly check if actual costs are getting posted on the cost element maintained in the Sender/Source. In your case A.

Check this and revert with the error message, if any.

Regards,

Gokul

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

No. there's no error message and no settlement result post.

I only assign allocation structure in settlement rule,and this settlement rule type is PER.

Settlement profile is "can be settled".

In CJ88,enter WBS element,indicator on "with hierachy",process type "automatically".

Edited by: Regina Tsai on Sep 16, 2011 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check whether you are using correct period / year for settlement.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to settle a project without RA. It just depends on your business process how you want to do it. Now in the WBS Element go to settlement rule screen and maintain th rule with GL as your reciver. You incurr the cost to the WBS and at the end of the month run CJ88 / CJ8G to settle it. Offcourse you will have to configure the appropriate settlement structures to do this.

Regards

Sreekanth