cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when starting SOLMANUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I am trying to upgrade Solman 7.01 to 7.1, with the "new" tool solmanup. As per the upgrade guide the program STARTUP.bat should start the SL controller. But when i run this from commandline i get the following error as SOLMANUPSTARTUP.bat

Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".1".

I have tried searching the forums with no luck. I am running on MaxDB/windows 2008r2.

Regards, Bjørn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you are using the right version of Java here for solmanup tool. Also please re-check the command whether you have to use any additional options like including the path to JCE policy file.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for quick reply. I am using Java 1.4.2_19, and the error is the same when specifying the parameter JCE_POLICY_ZIP=.

Bjørn

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, follow note 716604 and use the recomemnded version of jdk instead of version 19, use version 33.

Recommended J2SE version:

SAP's own JDK (SAP JVM 4) is available now for the platforms listed above. See SAP note 1495160 for information about SAP JVM 4 and the replacement strategy for the partner JDKs 1.4.2.

For the platforms listed above Oracle J2SE 1.4.2 is still supported.Currently version 1.4.2_33 is recommended for WebAS 640/700 JavaEngine.

In the following parts of this note you will get information when using Oracle J2SE 1.4.2. For information about SAP JVM 4 have a look at SAP note 1495160 and related notes mentioned within.