cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Cross Docking: Putaway TO still found the normal Stype instead CD Stype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my current project's requirement, I am configuring the Cross docking functionality with 2-step crossdocking.

Configuration Steps done:

1. Maintain Warehouse Level Settings

For the warehouse, two step cross docking is ticked, Stype for Cross docking is given

Time ref: 01 Delivery date and Time

Planning Time Window: 10 Hr

Def. Laterst Release time: 7 Hr

Def. Release time: 7 Hr

2. Define Cross-docking relevancy for Movement types

I did it for 101 and 601 MvTs.

3. Define Cross-docking Decision Number range.

Maintained Number range as required

4. Ensured that the Consider Pre-Alloc. Stock indicator is not set in Customizing for Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Activities ® Transfers ® Define Movement Types

5. Ensured that the cross-docking storage type is excluded from the stringent FIFO picking strategy in Customizing for Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Strategies ® Picking Strategies ® Define Strategy for u201CStringent FIFOu201D

Scenario Test:

1. Create Inbound Delivery for the PO: : 4500000389

The time reference for inbound delivery document (Plan Document) 180000052 is 13:09:2011 13:00

2. Create Outbound Delivery document for the SO: 381

Time reference for outbound delivery document (Candidate Document) 80000234 is (14.09.2011 05:00 u2013 07:00) = 13.09.2011 22:00, where 7 hours is the Default latest release time for the outbound document.

14.09.2011 05:00 is the u2018Delivery date and timeu2019 of the outbound delivery document (Candidate document).

So, The Matching time reference for the outbound delivery document (Candidate document) is

13.09.2011 22:00 u2013 10:00 = 13.09.2011 12:00

So the Inbound document should have the delivery date and time between 13.09.2011 12:00 to 13.09.2011 22:00. Here, for our inbound delivery 180000052, it is 13.09.2011 13:00. So the Linking of both Plan and Candidate document happens without any issue.

I could able to link the Plan and candidate documents and the Decision number generated.

Ironically, When I try to create TO for my Inbound delivery, It still has been created pointing to normal storage type extracted by putaway search strategy, which should have been the Cross dock storage type ( 2-step cross docking).

Please help me find where did I go wrong in the above scenario. your help is greately appreciated.

Edited by: PRAHLAD REDDY DEVIREDDY on Sep 15, 2011 2:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Prahlad,

I am not sure if you are using MIGO to perform your goods receipt, but I had the same issue and I was using MIGO.

After debugging the SAP program for a while, I was able to determine the reason why the system was not finding my cross docking decision. During TO creation, the system uses the document that the TO is created from and attempts to look up the decision based on that document number.  Here is the fundamental flaw with our process.  We are performing the GRs via MIGO or via RF (which is like MIGO) and we get a transfer requirement (TR). When creating the TO from the TR, SAP is looking for the x-dock decision by the TR number, when the decision was actually created using the inbound delivery document.  This is why SAP wasn’t finding the x-dock decisions I was creating.  When creating the TO for putaway from the inbound delivery document (VL32N), the system found the x-dock decision and directed the appropriate quantity to the x-dock storage type.

Thanks.

Jeff