cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in "Combined Billing"

Former Member

Hi,

I am trying to execute combined billing transaction(VF01) to create an invoice.

The problem it is not combining all the documents into one invoice, it is combining only two documents among 4 documents.

I heard that it is because of different address numbers for the customer, I am not sure though...

Could you please help me out what exactly I need to do for this..

Do I need to implement any Enhancement?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep, when you tried to run in VF01 you would have seen a split analysis button..pls click on it and find out why and if you still need help..post here.

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Actually for some reason we copied SDBILDIL into Z program and assigned transaction to it. So, we are using this custom transaction.

Not sure, in which screen of this program I have to check that?

Thanks,

Sandeep

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

as reported in note [11162|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/11162], different header partners cause billing split.

Notice that it is enough that one field of VBPA is different to produce the split. So if the header partner has different VBPA-ADRNR the split occurs.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you want to avoid the split..first , you've to define/decide a combination criteria..and then you can put this loigc in VTFL Copy control, field VBRK/VBRP Data field routine.

For that, you can search the forum and you'll find umpteen number of discussions on how to implement and various scenarios.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi Sandeep

The information provided to you already sums it up. There can be many reasons for the split not all shown

in the split analysis. Note 11162 covers the high level explanation for invoice splits, and you can use an item data

transfer routine to clear or reset key fields to avoid standard splits.

The easy way to find out exactly what is causing the split is to debug VF01 or VF04 as it runs and watch here:

This is for your delivery related billing case.

LV60AB09 -> form XVBRK_BEARBEITEN

form xvbrk_bearbeiten.

xvbrk = vbrk.

rc = 4.

if ovbrk-fix = vbrk. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What the system does is it generates header data first and then all the item data for the billing document.

As it processes each item it rolls the data to the header where applicable (See 11162) As there is only one

header field any differences would result in a split and the system would create a new header and continue

processing from the split point.

Above is the exact point where that check is carried out so you only have to check the contents of

ovbrk-fix (previous header fields) with vbrk (new headerfields) if they are all the same the system

with merge them into one document. If there is a difference in any field in of ovbrk-fix and vbrk there

will be a split. Check the table contents in your example in debug.

The infomration you gather here will allow you to determine exact which fields you need to handle

in your data transfer routine to avoid the standard split.

I hope this helps you further

Kind regards

Brian

adityaw
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian, this solution worked for me!
I had two different header fields: Customer Reference (VBRK-BSTNK_VF) and Reference (VBRK-XBLNR).
I simply passed the current values of the above two fields from VBRK to OVBRK-FIX and it stopped the invoice split.
Frankly, this should be the best answer (at least from ABAP perspective).

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the KBA 1561427 gives all possible causes.

Regards.

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto VF02.

Enter the Billing document number.

Goto Environment-->Split Analysis.

Enter the second invoice number.

Here you can see why the documents have been splitted.

Regards,

Krishna.