SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No payment mediums created (FPY1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to run FPY1 and i am facing some issues.

where as after i run FPY1 i have items cleared.

Log after i run FPY1 is as follows:

Job started

Step 001 started (program SAPFKPY3, variant &0000000000063, user ID F24494A)

Format ZENEL: No payment mediums created

Job finished

Log after i run payment medium program 'SAPFKPY3'

Long text for >Format ZSAPFD: No payment mediums created

No payment media were created for payment group 101 for format ZSAPFD.

I'm not sure where or how to correct this.It may be a very silly question, but would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Venkat

8 REPLIES 8

ChristinaHo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may check the result of payment run via table DPAYG Payment program - payment group. In field DPAYG-ANZ_ERZ you find the number of payments. If it is <> 0 the system should create a payment medium via SAPFKPY3. You may also test the creation via transaction SE38 as well. Regards, Christina

0 Kudos

Hi Cristina

thanks for your answer. i checked the tbale : DPAYG in this table i find two entry for this payment run

see the below one

MANDT LAUFD LAUFI ORIGN GRPNO FORMI ANZ_ERZ ANZ_ERL

200 15.09.2011 SAM14 M 3 2 0

200 15.09.2011 SAM14 M 101 ZENEL 0 0

ANZ ERZ field for first entry it showing as 2 and for the second entry it is showing as 0 and am getting same error" No payment media were created for payment group 101 for format ZENEL"

thank for your further help on this

BR:

Venkat

Edited by: gurram venkat on Sep 15, 2011 3:04 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

When you are performing a FPY1 run followed by running the payment medium program SAPFKPY3, depending on the business requirement , flat file\IDOCS get generated which is send to the payment agencies, normally banks or any financial institutions to process the same at their end.

In your scenario, the payment medium program is not able to run because there is no payment medium format assigned to the payment method for which you are performing the FPY1 run.

You need to configure the Payment medium format by doing the following SPRO configs-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->Define Payment Methods

In this config, you need to select the country first and then select the payment method and click on the dispaly icon.and then you need to assign the payment medium that you have created.

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->Define Specifications for Paying Company Code

Here select the company code and then maintain the Payment medium format for the same .

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

I checked in the config as per your suggestion.

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->Define Payment Methods

I have maintained the Payment medium

Payment Medium Format

Format ZENEL ZENEL - Enel Factor

Format supplmnt

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->Define Specifications for Paying Company Code

I have maintained the Payment Medium Formats in Company Code also

But Still i am facing the same error when i am executing Payment Program (SAPFKPY3)

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the error number and message class.

Thanks.

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Message Class : >2

Mesasge No : 159

Thanks

Venkat

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

please look in the assigned job log, if there a job is canceled and why.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check the configuration in Tcode FQP3

IMG>Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable>Program Enhancements>Define Payment Medium Formats

Check if proper events and enhanced FMs are configured for your payment format. (please take care as this is a cross client config)

If they are configured, take help of a technical guy and debug the scheduled job (JDBG)with breakpoint in the enhanced FMs for payment format.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Satyajeet