cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Mgt---F.28: Reorganize credit data when cr limit is changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've searched the forum and referred to lot of notes and documentation.

F.28 or program RFDKLI20 should be run only under one of the following situations:

General changes that affect SD and FI:

Settings that change the determination of the credit control area: Assignment from company code, entry in customer master data, entry in sales area data, user exit.

Currency of credit control area.

Assignment of customers to credit accounts.

Risk class in master data of credit account (transaction FD32). Caution: If nothing was changed except for the risk class, you can use RFDKLI20 but it is excessive in this case. If only the risk class was changed it is sufficient to run RVKRED09.

I've the following scenario and questions:

For the client am implementing cr mgt, they intend to update Cr Limits on a daily basis.. so my questions are:

1) I just update the Credit Limit on a daily basis: does this program need to be run if I change just the cr limit? I know the documentation says no..however, wanted somebody to confirm who was in a similar situation?

2) If the answer to the above question is yes, is it recommended to run this program during business hours?

3) What are the implications of running this program in parallel?

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I understand that after change credit limit in FD32 you musn't run it, because as note says:

The RFDKLI20 report recreates the SD and FI credit data after
organizational changes

and I understand that change the credit limit (for instance, an insurancer set the credit limit to zero) isn't an organizational change. Think that if you do a SO in a moment when you have an insurance for nonpayment, the withdrawal of it isn't retroactive. I think that you know SAP Note 408596 - RFDKLI20: Recreating credit data - new documentation. Other useful note is SAP Note 396338 - Problems in credit management - analysis help

The second. Avoid it in business hours. It's related with locks. You can lock to other users or other users can lock you (a SO, a FI document, and so on) and as these notes says, you must to re-run it.

Finally, if you read the documentation of F.28, info icon, it suggests us: to run it in non-business hours and run it in background.

Other suggestion, take into account the question related with documents that end-users changed their credit status, it's possible that these documents return to values before to change them with tools as VKM4 (but perhaps it happens with RVKRED77, sorry but it's been a long time since I did it last time).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I'll be happy not to run F.28 report at all, at least not every time I change the credit limit...and yes saw that part of running it in background and preferably in non-business hours or when no postings are being done..

anyway, thanks for point 1..! though I would want a confirmed answer from somebody who was in a similar situation.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use F.28 for updating the Customer Credit limit.

But,you can use the T.Code "MASS" or "XD99" for this purpose.

F.28 is for recreating the SD and FI data such as exposure etc...suppose you have a report for retrieving the data from FD32 and there will be a mismatch with FI report,then we need to run the T.Code F.28 to adjust these ones.

It is recommended to run this program as a batch job.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, I hope you've seen the thread properly...?

I never mentioned using F.28 for updating credit limits.. I asked if I change the credit limit via FD32 should I run F.28 ?

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies,I have misunderstood.

In general,it is not required to run the T.Code F.28 after updating the Credit limit in FD32.

But my recommendation is to run it as a batch job which will recreate the data if the entries were not updated automatically once the credit limit has been maintained.

Coming to your second question,it is better to run this program in non-business hours.But there will be no impact if we run in business hours.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes it is required to run the program if you change some specific data in FD32 like risk category or etc..

and yea if it has to be run will be run in background only..

anyway, tnx for your inputs.

Anyone who could advice based on their experience please?

Regards,

Raghu.

Edited by: Rags on Sep 16, 2011 2:46 PM