cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption using a public key certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on one of the requirement which needs to implement the encryption in the output payment file. Our client had provided a public key certificate of .p7c extension. The requirement is to use PKCS#7 public key certificate and X.509. We have two vendors Entrust and Bouncy Castle.

We are using PI 7.0 and Entrust vendor provides a package which contains docs for classes and sample program and jar files for various purposes (ex: entmail, enttoolkit etc).

This Entrust tool kit supports only Java 1.5 version. Particularly, the JCE files should be of 1.5 version. Since our PI 7.0 supports only 1.4 version i have a doubt whether we can use this software package to implement the encryption or not. I had imported the package under Imported Archive. I need to know how to use this package for implementing the encryption.

I read some forum message and found that we need to import the public key certificate inside visual administrator. My doubt is how this certificate will be used inside PI for encryption. Any steps to follow to use this package for implementing the encryption.

I had gone through that the second vendor bouncy castle has been used with SAP PI. This software supports java 1.4 version and provides a package which contains jar files. Need to know how to use this package in order to implement the encryption inside PI for the outcome message.

In the receiver side FTP communication channel, the option for Use X.509 certificates is for what? Do i need to use this also?

Kindly provide a brief answer.

Thanks & Regards,

G.Sriganthan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A "Public Certificate"(.X509) should be given by Vendor and that needs to be installed in the Visual Admin of PI server.

When ever 3rd Party sends a message to PI, they will encrypt using their "Private Key" and thios will be decrypted by the Public Certificate installed at PI end.

If your receiver is FTP, no need to mention the certificates in Reciever Agreement. Only in Sender Agreement.

Hope this clarrifies....

Regards,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

My scenario is an outbound one and SAP sends the payment document to a target folder. I hope it is not a FTP folder. It is a target folder within our network. Hence, i hope we dont require a FTP protocol. But since our scenario is an outbound scenario, SAP sends the payment document to PI and PI will process the message using a graphical mapping and sends the file to the target folder.

Now, the client wants the file to be encrypted such that they can decrypt the file once the encrypted file has been uploaded in to their server.

So, they have a public key certificate using which we have to encrypt the file after the message has been processed and save it in the target folder.

The interface already exists and running without encryption, i mean the payment file is being processed and saved in the target folder currently without encrypting it. Our scope of work is to apply the encryption to the processed file and save it in the target folder.

Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

G.Sriganthan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri..

I have given the process for Third Party System communication. If it is an Outbound and placing the file into a target folder of your own Network (using NFS), the encrytpion cannot be done.

Here, the encryption will be done when the File moves from this system to the Client System ( Using UNIX scripts etc) They need to use these certificates and perform the encryption.

Let me know if you require any more information.

Thanks,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any ideas on my query above.

Thanks & Regards,

G.Sriganthan.