cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business area tab in Sales order is greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is that i need to give business area in the sales order.But even when we are creating the sales order the business area field in the account assignment is greyed out even when the recon account the field is set to optional entry.

Help rerequired urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh Babu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a determined value. You can configure it in IMG>Ent structure>Assignment>SD>Business area account assignment. Also please check whether you have assigned the business area to plant/division under Logistics general.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gomatheeswaran,

I have assigned the business areas to various plants and divisions,as there are 5 business areas defined.The respective business area is assigned to the respective plant.

Eg:Rajasthan plant is assigned to Rajasthan business area.

Similarly to the other business places and other plants.But still its not picking the business area.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you Defines Business Area rules by Sales Area?

Follow here:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Account Assignment/Costing - Business Area Account Assignment -

1. Define Rules By Sales Area - Define the Business Determination Rule.

2. Then Assign Business Area to Plant / Division or Sales Area as per the above Determination Rule.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I have maintained the rule and assignment as stated by you.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Have you maintained Business Area check box in OB65 for your company code?

This check box will activate the Business area feild in Sales Order & other modules.

SAP Help text says:

If the indicator is set, then the "Business area" field is always ready for input, regardless of the field control of the posting keys and of the accounts when you enter documents. This indicator results in required entries in the Controlling (CO), Materials Management (MM), and Sales and Distribution (SD) components.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

The only problem is we don't want the Business area to be activated for all the modules,as we need to fetch the reports on income and expenses based on the business area.Is there any other way where we can do it?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

I believe it would not be possible to activate Business Area Functionality only for SD module. Upless you activate Business Area for your Company Code, the Sales Order Business Area feild will be greyed out.

If you requirement is only for get a Income & Expense Report, develop a Z-report with necessary logic of Business Area (Sales Area or Plant + Division, etc) in it.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for sparing your valuble suggestions.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh babu,

Please check in which table the business area is assigned to plant /sales area.

It is T134G.

Using the exits mentioned under the heading 'User-Exits for product allocation' in the below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/1c/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

check whether you can pick the plant and division from the order and input the business area (based on the entry maintained in T134G against the Plant and Division ) using ABAP help.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Sep 16, 2011 10:54 AM