cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block planning with PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am currently working on block building in PPDS. Iu2019d like to allocate a characteristic referring to u201CValuationu201D tab to my product PDS (transaction: /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU):

Does anyone know where I have to allocate this characteristic and how?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

BEXI69

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

See this SAP help for some comments on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/fa/e943401a306f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

from my reading of this, the characteristic values stay blank in the PDS but the class 400 is there.

I am in the middle of block planning testing, so have similar myself.

The PPDS PDS has the Block planning class in the production step (I have set up then production 2 stepss, ie 2 activities)

The values then get assigned eg of class is colour, then RED assigned when you create the Forecast manually in RRP3, or in theory from a sales order from ECC.

I had thought that I could hardwire a characteristic based on a value in the material, but that is material class 300, which comes over to create the APO class 400 (when link the class 300 and class 023 or 022), so the values do not link because different classes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using block planning please define block basis definition to assign the characteristic through which the planned order of a material gets assigned in the relevant block.

This can be done through the transaction /SAPAPO/MC01_BBD.

Block basis definition is defined on the class name and assign the same class in the resource master block planning tab. and create the blocks.

Once you complete the above step please delete the PDS and re-transfer it so that it will consider the blocks while creating the orders.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Roopesh