cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Original application link from the DIR's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can somebody help and explain how to remove original application link from documents

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepakma,

Go to change mode of the DIR and select the attachment and click on the trash button to delete the attachment.

make sure you are the owner or authorized to do that one.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tarun,

Thanks for your reply.If we have multiple documents and we need to remove application links from all,Is there any suitable way to do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is your previous question solved ?

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun

My query is not yet resolved because its 1000s of documents from where i need to remove the original links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Do you want to only delete the original file and keep the DIR or is it OK if the DIR too is deleted? If you are OK with deleteing the DIR then make use of the Processes Delete available in CV04n for Deleteing multiple DIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AAYNI_AK,

When we click on Document mass export we have options for "Export" and "Copy".

Then we have to click on Export and save. After that there is a window "Exported to".

Now what is that. Please tell me what I have to mention in that.?

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What solution is required? Do u want to delete or export the original.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I just want to delete the original application links of multiple files(approx. 10,000) without deleting the files or DIR's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do u intend to mean by removing original application link.

Original in SAP DMS terminology is refering to the file loaded to the DIR. It can be one or multiple.

Do u want to retain both the file and DIR?if yes then what is it that u want to delete.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend as mentioned earlier in this thread to use the Processes button available in CV04n. To this button you can link programs. In the example "Delete" included in the SAP installation the whole DIR get the deletion indicator set but you should be able to modify this example program so that the original is removed instead. You will definitely need a ABAP programmer to solve this requirement. There is no standard function to remove originals from multiple DIR's.

Best regards,

Kristoffer P

Answers (0)