cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy cost planning to budget using IMCCP3 but only for REL and OPEN WBSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use IMCCP3 to copy cost planning to budget.

It works fine, except for closed WBS Elements.

In my selection screen, I can select a "Status Selection Profile".

I created such a status, that I called "Z00003", which select only REL and OPEN project.

It works fine in a report, as I can ask him to give me projects AND WBS elements with the Z00003 status selection profile.

But in IMCCP3, it doesn't work as I want. If there is a cost planning on a CLSD WBS, and the project is not closed, I have an error message.

Do you have any idea to help me telling the system not to take these CLSD WBS ?

Many thanks in advance,

Sandrine

Edited by: Sandrine Overney on Sep 15, 2011 10:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the same status profile "Z00003" define the selection condition for the CLSD status, such that the objects having this status are not considered when the transaction is run. That should work i feel. Select this status selection profile when you run IMCCP3 and execute.

Try this and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

In my selection profile I entered :

Status REL, OR status PREL, OR status CRTD, AND status CLSD (with "not" ticked).

Is it correct ??

If so, it doesn't change anything in the IMCCP3.

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just curious as why are we waiting till some of the WBS is closed in a project to do the copy. Normally we plan the project and then copy it over to budget during the initial stage itself. As IMCCP3 allows to use only projects, not sure whether you would be able to use it for projects that has some WBS elemnet CLSD andwith a status profile restriction. I would suggest either do the copy before WBS Elements are closed or exclude such projects and run for the rest. As for the open WBS Elements in those projects you will have to use CJ30. May not be ideal for you but, an option.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the status selection profile what is the status profile that you are using? Is it for Project or for WBS Element? Maintain the status profile for WBS element and check.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Actually we try to put the system on order... it wasn't done for a long time, and we need the Budget only for the workflow, which give only a warning message...

I keep your idea to try it after the other tips given, and will let you know.

Thanks anyway !

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

humhum... that's a good direction you give me !

actually there is no status profile in my status selection profile...

I try and come back.

Thanks !

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the status profile named PSPE, I've ticked under "Allowed Object Types" the types "Project definition" and "WBS element"

Then in the "status selection schema", I put selection profile "Z00003" which is "CRTD" or "REL" or "PREL", and "status profile" as PSPE.

Is it correct ?

If so, it doesn't work better... :-s

Thanks,

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the description provided, it seems your project does not have the CLSD status whereas some WBS have that status. When you run IMCCP3 with the selection profile Z00003 it selects the project (because it has not been marked CLSD) but when it tries to copy the cost plan to the budget an error is reported because some WBS have status CLSD active thereby not allowing to assign budget.

You could close the project if possible and then run this transaction. Another method could to assign a user status on the WBS instead of the CLSD and make this user status restrict all transactions on the WBS except budget related.

I hope I have understood your problem correctly.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Yes you understood perfectly my issue.

I cannot close these projects, unfortunately, as some other WBS elements in these projects are still in use, so not completely settled (we run the settlement once a month).

I will try the user status and will let you know.

Many thanks.

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user status works. But I would need to open every project closed (actually every closed) WBS, put the user status on it, copy with the IMCCP3 then close it again...

If we could manage to tell to the system not to take the CLSD and TECO WBS, that would be faster (and cleaner) !

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the status selection profile (Z00003) maintain the conditions only for statuse's other than the CLSD status and check. It should work.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67676401@N05/

in the link you will see (normally !) what I put for conditions.

Please let me know if I done something wrong...

Thanks !

Sandrine

Edited by: Sandrine Overney on Sep 19, 2011 11:50 AM