cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice - material staging for production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

could any of You pls, support me with some hints of best practice how to handle material staging WM-PP interface in a certain case?

Up till now we had a system, where production had no separate location in IM, but one location existed including raw material wh and production. In the same time in WM we had separate storage types for production and raw materials u2013 hence we did material staging transferring goods only inside one IM location between different WM storage types. The material staging should be done based on separate prd. orders.

Now this need to be changed and separate location need to be handled in IM for production u2013 which means the staging should be done between different IM locations and WM administration also need to be handled.

Up till now we used LP10 for staging, then LB13 for TO creation etc. We can keep going like that, but if do so, there is another step required in IM u2013 movement 311, where material numbers and qty need to be added manually to finish the whole procedure. I would like to avoid this u2013 which makes the administrational procedure quite long.

I have been checking the following possibilities:

1. Set released order parts-staging at control cycle and use MF60 for staging u2013 but I can not select requirements based on pro ordders here (only able to find demand if component including into selection)

2. Two step transfer 313/315 u2013 but this not a supported procedure u2013 313 TI /TO / 315

3. Try to find solution how to create 311 movement based on TO or based on WM stock at certain storage type / dynamic bin.

I have failed.

So, could any of You pls, support me with some useful ideas, how to handle material staging where 311 included and definetly the last step of procedure, but administrator does not need to enter items manually one by one in MIGO.

All answers will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage location control should be able to take care of your problem.

If you want to stage the material to a different IM location then the WM location then make the following settings

If location xxxx is your WM location and location yyyy is your Production location.

You have defined Production storage type ZZZ for production storage location YYYY and have maintained the supply area for the same

In WM configuration - For interfaces - IM interface-Control of Assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number"

Assign location XXXX as the Standard Location. Maintain entry donot copy sloc in TR for location YYYY

In WM configuration - For interfaces - IM interface- Storage Location control for WH

This entry ensures that there will be a WM tarnsfer Posting between your WM and Production storage Location automatically when you confirm your TO. You can have this done via a btach job also if you want cumulative posting. (schedule job RLLQ0100)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Can you do some trail and error at the below config which definetly suffice your requirement

LE-WM-Interface -inventory management-define storage location control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank You for answering.

I do not really understand what You mean, pls clerify! Let me know the details.

I have learned, there is an option in WM to process production supply starting with the production storage location and finally picking the goods in another (main) storage location (called leading WM-posting, storage location change in transfer order confirmation automatically). During transfer order confirmation the MM-storage location will then be changed automatically so that the WM and MM stock will be finally assigned to the target storage location (production storage location as required).

Which would be great, but one big disadvantage it has: only one main storage location could be handled - and I actually have more then one.

Waiting for Your responde