cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Every morning I run ZMBE with a saved variant and ZVR0 with another saved variant and save both to an excel file on a network drive.

i would like to know if its possible for SAP to run these reports automically at a set time everyday and save them as a file with name such as ZMBE - 15/09/11.xls - where the date is the date of the report?

Also if it could run it twice a day that would be better.

Thank you for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ah, that makes things easier, do i not need to tell SAP where to save the report and that i would like it as .xls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, SAP won't save it at a place you want it to..after this job is run, it generates a spool..if you go to SM37 and enter your job name and the status of the job is shown there..and if it shows finished it might generate a spool as well..so select the job and go to spool and you can download and save the spool to a place you like it to..

If you want this automated.. there should be a logic in your program to save it to a specific path..this should be done by the ABAPer.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, you have been most helpful. this has answered my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the point in the right direction, i have set the job to run my report at the correct time but am having trouble with the External Command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your scenario, you don't need external command, just when you click the step..just input your program name with the variant and specify the timings..this should do.

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is something called setting up background jobs in SAP..

If you didn't know about this..pls go through the following links:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_wp/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f87505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/c4/3a7ed1505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm]

And if you're stuck somewhere search the forum and if you don't find answer to your question..pls post.

Regards

Raghu.