Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget related issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

we have 2 issues related to Budget.

1. if we assign and release budget at root level WBS element.

can we find the how much ammount is distributed for remainig low level WBS elements .

as per my knowledge there is no such automatic distribution for wbs elements.

please correct me if anything is wrong.

2. we are preparing a report, here we need to capture the values of remainng ammount which is not yet released .

( client is assigning the budget on OVERALL basis, not annual wise)

Ex: WBS element original budget is $50,000. we released $10,000.

so the remaining ammount which is not release $40,000.

so how can we get this $40,000 field (i gone through BPGE, BPEG, BPEJ, BPJA and also RPSCO tables, but i am not able to find.)

please suggest me & correct me if i am wrong

Thanks & regards

Mahesh C Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. Just maintaining the budget at the root level and releasing it wont distribute the budget to the lower level WBS elements. You need to distribute the budget manually using transaction CJ30. As far as the second question is concerned, you can follow what Ammar has suggested, as that seems to be the best option as of now.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

1) You can distribute budget to lower level WBS using transaction CJ30. This is not automatic and you have to perform the transaction to distribute the budget. Once done you can view the same using different standard budget reports in PS.

2) You have fields to record the total budget and the budget released for a particular project. In case you are developing a report (report painter) you can simply calculate their difference. My recommendation is to view the report S_ALR_87013560 in report painter to determine which field is being used for the release and current budget column. You may append your remaining column in the same report or create a copy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar