Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to figure out what SE97 entries were added/changed by customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants to document where customer changes have been made to SE97.

There is a MODIFIER field in table TCDCOUPLES but I do not think this is a reliable indicator of whether an entry is delivered or not. So I would like to compare a clean deliverd TCDCOUPLES table in ECC6.0 EhP5 to the table in the client's system. Unfortunately SAP cannot provide a clean table.

I got this from SAP via our SAP basis contact on the project:

We could not provide clean TCDCOUPLES in ECC6.0 EhP5 because we have no grantee for that purpose.

Fastest way to get information is restore from customeru2019s backup if customer have backup.

Second way to get information is install in customeru2019s development environment and get clean information.

Third way to get information is create message when customer have error or trouble related this matter.

I asked how to go about options one and two and got:

Fastest way is almost impossible, as the 1SAP System was created from a copy of (old) System, thus I donu2019t think we can go beyond that timeline.

Second way is probably possible, but this would mean to have a new clean installation of EHP5 done, and we need to find an empty LPAR to do it, and possibly 45 days to get it delivered by IBM (as new installation required).

So my question is how can I do this analysis? Is there anyone out there that can send me a download of a clean TCDCOUPLES table for ECC6.0 EhP5 or similar so I can compare?

Can you think of another way to figure out what is SAP's data and what has been added by the customer? I understand that the system I am working in has data from previous systems some of which are 10 years old so it may have a lot of customer entries in it. I asked for the TCDCOUPLES table from client 000 of the Development system and it turns out that this table must be client independent and transported to production because it was the same as the table in production.

SAP says they overwrite in an upgrade so Basis must constantly save this table and reapply it after upgrade, for example when we recently moved from EhP4 to EhP5.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: CarlShepherd on Sep 15, 2011 7:15 AM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question...

Maintaining the table using SE97 produces a modification of the transaction.

Therefore a transport containing entries for transport object R3TR TRANS get created if you maintain data in transaction SE97. Maybe you can get some usefull results if you search for transports using transaction SE03 or report RSWBO040 containing this transport object.

In addition you can search for modified transactions in the Modification Browser, transaction SE95, (or directly in table SMODILOG for OBJ_TYPE=TRAN).

Kind regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,

I tried a change to SE97, and changes to SAP Tcodes result in an update to table with the field OPERATION filled with the value ALL. I suppose that other modifications might result in the same value being filled for the OPERATION field so I am not sure how I can tell SE97 modifications form other modifications. But it's a start.

I Did have a look for transports with R3TR TRAN in transports but this search brings so much info it's not useful.

I appreciate the help but am not able to find the changes yet.

0 Kudos

Do you not have a option to enter a particular transaction name? For role it is there so guess for role also should be there? If still get so many result then you better worry about the changes.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

In 7.01 systems making a change prompts for an object key for the transaction (which it did not do in lower releases) so via the key entry and the namespaces (Z, Y, etc) those will be the ones which have been locally changed or added.

In the meanwhile, the transport searches can still be limited further by restricting the TP request name to the development SID and type = TRAN. This means that the SP entries of type .SAP will be excluded.

There is also a table called TSTCS which you could ask your basis colleagues to give you a list of the entries - this will indicate that it is wanting to make a call and therefore set the check flag to NO.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the comment that "SAP says they overwrite in an upgrade so Basis must constantly save this table and reapply it after upgrade, for example when we recently moved from EhP4 to EhP5." -- our experience does not agree wtih that. We recently upgrade to EHP5 and our SE97 changes, which we documented in our change control database (limited in number), are still in place after the upgrade. Did SAP tell you that in a message? Or where did you get that information?

0 Kudos

I got that from Note 358122