cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make "Company" Field editable

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using E-Sourcing 5.1 with most of the out-of-the-box functionality. When creating an Auction, header section contains field "Company". This field appears as read only, and populates automatically based on the company defined in the user profile.

I tried making this field editable by means of page customizing (UI ID: doc.auction.multi.universal.auctionevent.ui.buyside.default), but even when I declare field COMPANY as Editable = YES, the change is not reflected in the UI.

Any ideas on how to make this field editable so end-users can select another company code besides the one specified in their profile? Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto

Unfortunately it is not possible to make the company field editable. Workaround could be to hide the standard COMPANY field in page customization and create a new extension definition lets say "Company" with data type: Object Refrence and choose 'Company' as the object reference type.

Hope this would meet your requirement.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mudit,

Thanks for your fast response. This is what I suspected from the start, your confirmation was all I needed.

Points have been awarded.

Regards,