Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure in Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am running SRM 7.01.

When creating the quotation the unit of measure is in display mode (not possible to change it).

we would like that the vendor can change the unit of measure, for example the bid invitation is in meters, we would like that the vendor can quote in yards or kilometers.

What are the customizing steps to make this possible?

Many thanks

Ezequiel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following;

Go to SPRO:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Field Control -> Configure Control for Fields on Item Level -> Metadata for Fields on Item Level

And try to add a new entry for:

UNIT BUS2202

And set as Visible and Enabled.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done this configuration but still the unit of measure is not possible to change it:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Field Control -> Configure Control for Fields on Item Level -> Metadata for Fields on Item Level

and filled the following entry:

Structure Field Name: UNIT (Unit of Measurement)

Bus Object Type: BUS2202 (Vendor Bid)

Bus Object SubType: 0 (Standard object business subtype)

Transaction Type: QUOT (RFX Response)

Item type: BLANK

Item Process Type: BLANK

Customer Meta Data for item fields in normal entries:

Field Visible: X

Field enabled: X

Field Required: BLANK

Dyn Customer Class: BLANK

Dyn Customer Method: BLANK

Any other customizing or BADI has to be defined?

Thanks

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In dynamic class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_QTE method UNIT put debugger and try changing the value as cs_metadata-enabled = abap_true.

Still if you could not get your results, probably it is not possible.

Ideally bidder is not expected to change UOM, because it may lead to incositencies in further proces.

As a work around if you enable indicators like Bidder can add new items, or/and Bidder can change requested items, then bidder can quote substitute items, alternate items etc....

Hope this will help you.

Ganapathi

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, try with this:

Structure Field Name: UNIT (Unit of Measurement)

Bus Object Type: BUS2202 (Vendor Bid)

Bus Object SubType: BLANK

Transaction Type: BLANK

Item type: BLANK

Item Process Type: BLANK

I've tried for others fields like Quantity and works fine...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!,

We have configured it like this but it is not possible to change the unit of measure.

We change the debug value to change the unit but then when it saves it is automatically changed to the initaial value.

Analyzing class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_QTE we found that the system is comparing field is_item-expsv_item_type to a constant value SUPPL, but it is always blank, and cs_metadata-enabled field is always FALSE.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ezequiel

Yes! I also checked. You cannot change the UOM for "alternative item" and "substitute item". You can change it only for "supliment item" which depends on "bidder can add new items". If it suffice you as a workaround you may go ahead.

Ganapathi

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezequiel,

May be you can do the following in order to enabled to input the field UNIT,

Create an enhancement point in the webdynpro of quotation items (i think is /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_QTE_I_BD).

Goto Layout and select the field unit and with the second button of the mouse choose "Remove Element", don't worry you can choose after if you want "Undo Deletion".

Then you can add a ZZUNIT field, for do that:

- create an append structure with this field in the structures:

INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF

INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_QUOT

you can go to this structures by SPRO follow this path:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Customer Fields

then you can add this field in the layout of webdynpro; fist add it to the context:

- in context node ITEM_BASIC_DATA choose "Create using the wizard" -> "Attributes for component structure"

and choose your ZZUNIT.

then you can add this field in the layout as input field binding the property "Value" with the attribute in the context...

Done. Now, you must to pass the value from ZZUNIT to UNIT, you can do it using the badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI...

hope this help you...