cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAE or IE for proxy to proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I am working on integration of SAP to SAP system using proxy communication. There are 2 interface, one is synchrnous and other is asynchronous.

I can use AAE using SOAP channel. Which one is better to use by considering factor like performance, ease of maintenance etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AAE is a better option considering the performance if you are using Pi 7.1 or above

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have very simple synchronous interface with no mapping at all.

so does AAE help me to improve performance?

If I use IE then it will be IE(ECC) to IE(PI ) to IE (ECC) communication where AAE is not involved.

If I use AAE configuration , then It will be IE(ECC) to AAE(PI) to IE(ECC),

In both configuration, only 3 engine involved end to end. I want to understand which is good performance wise and why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, AAE helps you to improve performance in your scenario.

Basically, it avoids ABAP stack, which is heavy on performance.

It improves the performance by 4 times, when compared to IE.

Refer page 1 of below link,

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700058f0-b1a1-2a10-39a8-ab2627b87cfa?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

-santosh.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

The comparision of use of AAE (avoiding IE) is not applicable for you as you have both the options of either avoiding AAE or IE.

1) Avoid Adapter Engine by going for XI adapter to XI adapter scenario using IE only.

2) Avoid Integration engine by going for SOAP to SOAP adapter using AAE only.

i would suggest you do a test yourself to find which is better in terms of performance.

There is something called Direct Connection, which might be suited for your requirement. chck links for the topic.

Best Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using PI 7.1 EHP or PI 7.3 then you can use SOAP adapter for proxy communication and you can pretty much use AAE.

For better performance, I would recommend using AAE only not IE.