cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O4G1 - Base Density

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Base Density field in O4G1 in QCI screen is gryed out . How can we open that filed ?Is there any customizing settings to be done ?

Thanks for your quick answers

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>

> Base Density field in O4G1 in QCI screen is gryed out . How can we open that filed ?Is there any customizing settings to be done ?

>

> Thanks for your quick answers

>

> Thanks

>

> Kumar

Hi Kumar,

Not sure if I get your question correctly however for Pure Oil materials you can't maintain base density.

When you do O4G1 you would have Test density flowing from o3Defaults (tcode) if you click the calculator button base density will be copied from the test density.

If you want to override the O3defaults you can manually put the test density and It will get copied from the test to base density.

It will remain open only for chemical products eg Conversion gropu 234C and so on.

You can see that when you run tcode O3QCITEST click on button conversion group and you will see base density is open.

So unless you are using Chemical materials (Oil Specific view with Conv Group and Chemical group) it will not open up.

Hoep it helps

-ABS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, but my actual need is in O4G! the base density needs to be opened , no matter even it is a oil / chemical product (need to know if this can be done changing any conversion group settings)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you wil have to change the Reading Group assigned to the conversion group..

But it usually is not recommended...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the reading group configuration, you can specify whether the field is an input/output field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard SAP O4G1 screen, the base density field is not open for input as it is always calculated automatically.

In the reading group configuration where you can specify input/output field is only used in some of the transaction i.e VL01n, MIGO etc...

What you can do is to copy the O4G1 QCI screen into a new screen and set the base density field as an input field. There is a user exit somewhere that you can call the new screen instead of calling the standard O4G1 QCI screen.

Answers (0)