Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM21 logs showing corrupted data on remote systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently did a unicode conversion and we are noticing that our SM21 data for remote systems is showing corrupted data. Initially, I was thinking there was just bad information in the LOG files and they would need to be erased. What's making me wonder is that I can go into each application server and view the information fine in SM21. Why would this corrupted data only show up when you do system log - choose - all remote systems logs?

Any recommendations on how to correct this?

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I suggested to delete the syslog (SAP note 45580), and refresh the system.

Then syslog will be re-created automatically

also review note 688089 - SYSLOG: unreadable characters after change to UNICODE

Regards,

Vincent

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Does it happen for new data (new logs) as well ? Or does it happen just for the older logs which were there until unicode conversion ?

We worked on a similar problem (however that was not related to or was not there as a result of unicode conversion) where we were facing same issues related to central logs/remote system logs in sm21. Issue was only in production where apart from CI we had several apps server. We referred some notes as well but right now I wasn't able to find out that troubleshooting folder I had saved.

In the meantime, you try to search sap notes or can try to open a ticket with sap too.

Thanks

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I suggested to delete the syslog (SAP note 45580), and refresh the system.

Then syslog will be re-created automatically

also review note 688089 - SYSLOG: unreadable characters after change to UNICODE

Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos

Vincent,

Thanks for the reply... That is what I did to fix this problem, your answer is on the money. Points for you!

Lee