cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ - SRM Upgrade Stack XML File Not Correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to upgrade our system from SRM5.0 to SRM 701 with NW702. The stack file generated our of our Solman system does not play well with what the Jupgrade process expects, namely a bunch of files are missing from the XML file which are required for the upgrade and several are included which don't make sense for deployment in the java environment.

Our Solman system is v23.

Does anybody know where to get the latest product version files? I'm thinking SAP probably has this fixed somewhere but I can't for the life of me find any notes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phill,

We are also trying to upgrade SRM5.0 with MDM 5.5 (NW7.0) to SRM7.0 Ehp1 with MDM 7.1 (NW 7.0 Ehp2).

In our case also while running JUPGRADE (JAVA Prepare) phase we are getting an error in BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES phase.

The error message is "Component sap.com/SRM_MDM_CAT, sap.com/BP_MDM_TECH, sap.com/BP_MDM_APP, sap.com/BP_SRM_MDM, sap.com/BP_MDM_JAVA_API are not part of usage type".

We have already tried the option of checking LCA and deselecting CCM in SMSY defination and tried with the new stack.xml file but we still getting the error. Please let us know the detailed steps to resolve the same.

FYI, we are using latest upgrade tool (jnot EHPI) and ABAP and JAVA in seperate SDT window.

Thanks,

Manas

0 Kudos

Dear,

We have also recently upgraded from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 / NW7.02. We struggled with the same problem and made a SAP message for this. Still no reply from SAP.

However, we could finish the upgrade this week.

We created in our Solution Manager (7.01 SP Stack 26) system an additional Technical System 'Java' for our <SID>. Then in the Product System, we have add a 'Product Instance' type 'Portal Content' with the Technical system just created (System Type = Java and marked as relevant) (to get a Java system).

Prod. Instance SRM Server is also marked als Relevant.

We removed MDM Catalog UI from the selection. MDM_ABAP_API: marked as 'also installed in rel. ABAP Product Inst.', but not marked as Relevant.

Generate the XML with Maint Opt.:

System Type: JAVA+ABAP

Technical Usages

Default Group

Portal Content

• SRM Server (= checked)

- MDM Catalog UI

- MDM Change Tracker

- MDM Java API

- Portal Content MDM Catalog

- XI Content

Additionally Installable Java Instances:

LAC WPS

MDM Catalog UI

MDM Change Tracker

MDM_JAVA_API

• SRM Java (= checked)

• SRM Supplier Java (= checked)

Then edit the generated stack file and removed SRM_MDM_CAT, MDM_WEB_UI, MDM_JAVA_API .SCA entries !!

Then did a synchronized ABAP+JAVA upgrade with SAPup (master cd) and EHPI tool (n:\ehpi\STARTUP.BAT dsupg_base70) and connect with SDT tool to port 7241.

Result: SRM updated to 7.01, Netweaver part from 7.0 to 7.02 (ABAP + JAVA). MDM_TECH ABAP stays with release 555_700. Later when our MDM will be rel. 7, we will update the J2EE with JSPM/SDM (SRM_MDM_CAT, MDM_WEB_UI, MDM_JAVA_API).

We made a SAP message for this to verify with SAP but still no answer.

Tom VO

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Java Upgrader seemed to accept the results from the stack file when I used the following setup in SMSY: SRM Server, LAC WPS (w/ Java Technical system), Portal Content(w/ Java Technical system). I deactivated everything else we were using to comply with the JPREPARE complaints.

While completing the Maintenance Optimizer Transaction I took the default values of: SRM Server, LAC WPS, SRM Java, SRM Supplier Java when given the option to select the target products.

The required MDM installation files had to be downloaded manually for us since we did not have an existing MDM system in place. It helps to already have these files in your basket so you can approve everything at once when in maintenance optimizer for the Enhancement Package/Upgrade stack.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

one remark from our side. We have currently a separate SRM-MDM Server 5.5 and a Catalog 2.0 on the SRM Java. Customer decided to not upgrade the SRM-MDM Server (and Catalog) for the moment. That's the reason why we removed the MDM parts from the stack file.

From Note 1494683:

SAP MDM Catalog Management 2.0 SP04 is supported on SRM 7.0. This option is only supported for upgrade customers who are currently using SRM 4.0 or SRM 5.0 with Catalog 2.0.

Upgrade of the MDM server + MDM_JAVA_API, MDM_TECH, .. will be done later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution. In Solution Manager tx SMSY contains data about your current landscape. In our current SRM dual-stack landscape we use the catalog feature of SRM but not the Live Auction Cockpit or Portal Content. The upgrade REQUIRES the LAC and Portal components due to architecture changes and the Catalog has been moved out of SRM to use an MDM implementation. We knew these things going into it. What is not obvious is that MOPZ picks the packages for your upgrade based on your current usage EVEN THOUGH the future architecture is completely different. So I went into SMSY and altered our current system info to say we are using LAC and Portal and we aren't using the catalog (completely the opposite of what is true), then MOPZ gave me the correct stack file.

Another issue we hit was our ST-PI patch level is higher than that of the upgrade stack. MOPZ includes ST-PI 2008_700_1 patch 1 even still (though it does not put it in the download basket). I couldn't get it to drop that file so we had to edit the stack xml file and put the to-be patch level at 4. This got us moving past the issue.

I hope this helps somone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same kind of issue (SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 upgrade)while generation of stack file while selecting the Addon packages. Getting the error as below. Tried to search the notes but unfortunately could not find the relevant notes that could solve the issue.

"ABAP queue check failed "

" OCS package SAPK-500GGINCPRXRPM does not match the current software

component vector "

Any help is this is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

In your case, it seems some patches are still missing to complete the queue. There must be some dependencies, try to recheck.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you see any info in SRM upgrade guide regarding the Solman prerequisite patch level ?

Try to implement the MOPZ note corresponding to your solman SP level, for e.g.

Note 1415315 - Maintenance Optimizer: Collective corrections for SP22

Thanks