cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failover Clusters Licesing in MS SQLServer 2008 R2 license delivered by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to know if the MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition license delivered by SAP include the rights to use the Failover Clusters Feature of MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition for the DB Instance. And if so, how many nodes would be covered as such.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Awny

SAP NW Technology Consultant

Smart Consulting Solutions - SCS - Egypt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed Awny

Once you have a license from SQL, it covers all.

Thanks and Regards

Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Abusani

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mohamed Awny

When you are downloading the DB from sap or delivered by sap it includes the entire license. Because we have downloaded the MS Sql 2008 R2 pack from SAP Market place it included the entire License. But your taking about the oracle I don't have any idea.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,,

Thanks for your reply. My concern is not about clustering the SAP (A)SCS instance which represents a SPOF. It is about clustering the Database. From my experience with Databases, clustering an Oracle Database with Oracle RAC requires a separate license to be purchased from Oracle. What I need to know is that does the license of the MS SQL Server granted from SAP covers clustering of the Database Instance ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed Awny

As per the SAP recommitted to use in the windows 2008 cluster environment you have to use two node clusters, further details you can check the installation guide in the sap Site https://service.sap.com/pam

Regards

Sriram