cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regenerating Web Service - PI Cache not been refreshed issue?

former_member209703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I'm pretty new to PI, so I don't really know if this issue has been discussed before. I tried a search but it couldn't solve my problem.

I'll described my scenario as best I can. I've created a WebService in PI via an RFC, everything was running fine, until we had to modify some field's length in our ABAP structure. We've regenerated everything, deleted the old Web Service and created a new one with a new WSDL, but when running it, we get the data mixed up in our internal table, it looks like something of the previous Web Service is still in cache. We tried refreshing it through SXI_CACHE but still nothing, so we're running out of clues. The only thing we're sure about is that is something related to the PI caches, but we don't know what.

Hope you can help.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refresh the RFC metadata cache by starting/stopping the rfc receiver communication channel.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you reimported the RFC in PI ?

Regards

Raj

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I never worked with WebServices in PI but I faced similar issue using ABAP Proxies.

When you generate an ABAP Proxy and change the structure (e.g. an IDOC), you need to delete the proxy and create a new one but using a diferent name of implementation class.

In other words if you create a new proxy but using the same name it seems the change has no effect.

Maybe you can try this way. Change your webservice defintion, name, etc...

Regards,

Diego Estanguini Gabriel