cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send params to stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, gurus! Need your help.

I'm on VC 6.0 patch 6, EP SP13 (all .sda are deployed), I use standart sap JDBC system.

Trying to implement solution from "How to Create a JDBC-based iView for Add-Update-Delete Record". With demo procedures all works fine. But when I create iView with my stored procedures and deploy it into portal, update event does not send new values to procedure - it sends old values (i see it in MSSQL Profiler), regardless of the fact that all works fine in preview mode.

What is the difference between preview and portal view modes? How to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can it be that you are sending cached data? When you say sends old values, are these the values before you updated the fields. Please try and create a simple model which only uses the update procedure and check that you can do the update from there. Can you paste the update code for your stored procedure in the message?

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jarrod, for your answer.

Old values - values before update. I've tryed to create model with only update procedure and form to input params - it works fine. When I've tryed to add select procedure with table form to model:

-update from preview is successfull

-update from portal iView is unsuccessful.

Problem is not in update procedure, but in portal, which sends old (before update) values as params to stored procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found solution. In table form before save the row user should select this row one more time. Now how to aviod this?

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a security 'feature' in IE where you have to click once to enable the application and then only after that you clicks in the actual application will work. You should also pay attention, because when the application starts the first row is always selected, are you using the select action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jarrod, for your help. I do not use select action in my rowset. Which exactly 'feature' are you talking about? Where to find it and how to enable it?

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The feature I refer to is an Internet Explorer feature which does not allow the automatic running of scripts on a webpage, you have to actually click on the script object to run it. This is not a feature of VC and does not have to be enabled.

Jarrod Williams