cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectionFactory SAPPBZDB does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a small problem in our BI 7.3 dual stack system. Some of the portal applications like NWA, System Info, Web Services Navigator etc do not start after starting the system. Following is the log I see for these applications:

Web application nwa cannot be started. The error is: com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.ActionException: Clusterwide exception: [javax.naming.NamingException: Exception during lookup operation of object with name jdbc/SAP/LM-ITSAM, cannot resolve object reference. Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: ConnectionFactory "SAPPBZDB" does not exist. Possible reasons: the adapter in which ConnectionFactory "SAPPBZDB" is defined is not deployed or not started.

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:513)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:619)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

at com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.impl.ComplexModuleCreator.initDataSources(ComplexModuleCreator.java:304)

at com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.impl.ComplexModuleCreator.initRuntimeModels(ComplexModuleCreator.java:189)

at com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.impl.ComplexModuleCreator.createModule(ComplexModuleCreator.java:106)

at com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.impl.ComplexModuleCreator.execute(ComplexModuleCreator.java:76)

at com.sap.engine.services.orpersistence.container.deploy.impl.ComplexActionAdapter.execute(ComplexActionAdapter.java:32)

This system is a system copy of PBP system, and we have only SAPPBPDB schema in the database, and not the SAPPBZDB schema.

I have checked in the configtool, the parameters SYS_DATASOURCE_NAME and

com.sap.datasource.default are both pointing to SAPPBZDB. I have tried to change them to SAPPBPDB in the offline configuration editor, and restart the cluster. But the same SAPPBZDB is shown again in the config tool.

I have already checked note 1551026 - it doesnt seem to be effective in our case.

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

The error you are facing may be casued if the DataSource was not deployed as a part of the J2EE engine application but as a standalone DataSource. If this was the case then its lifecycle is independent from the applications which are using it, what means that the applications may start before the DataSource application has started and then appears the error you see.

In order to synchronize the starting process you have to specify hard application reference to the DataSource application in your application-j2ee-engine.xml descriptor as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/53/69662514eb6e46b1eb6e77ae

5cf10b/content.htm

Please try it and see if it solves the problem.

Regards,

Blanca