cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am writing functional spec for data migration of open sales order from legacy to SAP.

In that I have to write the transformation rules. Can anyone explain me what to do?

Example : legacy has CHAR 2 and SAP has CHAR 4, SAP has CHAR 2 and legacy has CHAR 4.

Like that can anyone explain what are important transformation or conversion rule for Sales order?

Its Urgent.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1) You've to understand what does the field store in legacy system?

2) Talk to SAP-SD Functional where would that field be stored in the future in SAP?

3) Ask your functional consultant or as a SAP-SD Consultant, you're supposed to define an equivalent value for it.. for ex in legacy systems the customers are group into different groups like RETAIL, WHOLESALE etc..but in SAP they're grouped by 2 letter word ex. RT, WS etc..this mapping has to be defined and this is the conversion rule that should be applied while transferring data from Legacy to SAP.

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

I am an SD- Consultant. I know where to store the fields into SAP . But, I am not going to perform LSMW and there are other people who are going to do. The only thing is how to write the transformation rule. From ur example how to write the rule for converting retail to 02.

Thanks,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I'm not sure what you're asking about the rule..you mean how to write the rule in LSMW?

if you're not writing the LSMW..then just create a mapping table which looks something like this:

SOURCE TARGET

RETAIL 01

WHOLESALE 02

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry rags. I was confused seeing the doc. Thanks . I got the answer.

Answers (0)