cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Avail.date determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In transaction OVLZ, we have customized per shipping point the days to get the material availability date. And it works Ok.

But, I think you can do this determination by material as well.

In material master data, we have in tab "Sales:General/Plant" some fields to use for this date: Setup time, Proc time.

how can I use this time? Which possibilities do exit to obtain the material availability date?

Thanks in advance.

Iné

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ines,

There is some influence of times from material master only in case of in house procurement..where you could specify times like in house production days, planed delivery time.. this is in MRP2 View.

I think any other cases, has already been explained in detail in the above posts.

Regards

Raghu.

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ines

I am sure you know the standard ATP scheduling.

We never used these fields so far. But I would say, these times just ADD to the availability check, hence your availability date/time will be longer.

I can imagine that some materials, need extra attention for processing, for example special packaging etc, so to setup the packaging machine will take 60 minutes, and processing the packs will take 60 minutes. these times extend the ATP

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidi,

We don't have the availability check activated. But we use the dates In the schedule line data): loading date, material avail.date and transportation plan.date. What I need to know is how can I calculate this dates. The only way I know is with transaction OVLZ, but I want to know if there is another possiblity, buy material for example.

Best regards,

Iné

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also determine by Sales Document Type, whether Delivery & Transportation Scheduling is to be done or not.

This can be done at:

IMG - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Scheduling - Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling - Define Scheduling By Sales Document Type..

As far as Pick / pack time, Loading Time & other days are concerned, they are defined in OVLZ & nowhere else.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member588542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ines,

just push the F1 botton inside of the article master fields and read the dependencies.

BR

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The F1 doesn't help me, sorry

Iné

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

Pls search the forum.

Regards