cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install without "SAP_USE_HOSTNAME", change hostname afterwards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I installed a distributed NetWeaver 7.02 dual stack system on virtual hosts, but I made the installation of the Central Instance without the parameter "SAP_USE_HOSTNAME".

Now I'd like to change the old hostname on all occurences.

I already figured out the hostname in RZ10-Profiles, in ConfigTool (Secure Store) and in VisualAdmin (SLD Supplier, Destinations for FP_ICF).

Can someone pleae help me with additional usages of the hostname used during install and/or a way to substitute them?!

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Java there are lot of places where hostname reference is used. So, instead of following this approach, I would suggest you to reinstall. I know little bit lengthy process but it will be clean installation.

Thanks

Sunny

AlbertVentosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can review the following notes:

Note 757692 - Changing the hostname for J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0 installation

Note 8307 - Changing host name on R/3 host: What do you do?

Note 1275273 - Hostname change on 7.10/7.11 java stacks

but note the operation is not supported by SAP.

For change it, you can reinstall or do a system copy with SAP tools ( export / import ).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my case it is a dual-stack SolMan 7.1 installation.

After some research I found the notes you guys mentioned, thanks.

It looks very complicated since also the SMD/DAA-Instance is relevant, so I decided to do a reinstall - although this is very time consuming.

I hope this thread will help others in future.

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the usage of your netweaver system. If it is a PI system you will have to make changes in Exchange profile, For other systems u have to change profile parameters and few parameters in config tool as well.

Regards

Praveen