cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New columns detected in unx universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am using the information design tool and want to know how to handle new columns in IDT? 2 new fields were added to the BW cube on which the universe was created. When I checked the integrity of the universe, I got the error message "table structure changed". Please advice how I can resolve the error.

Thanks,

Ann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

In IDT refresh structure is done in the data foundation.

When you have this open above the pane where the tables are visible there is a lightbulb for the wizards

(second icon from the left). The last option of the lightbulb is 'refresh structure'.

What that does is check all tables as defined currently in the dfx with the current definitions in the database.

So tables/columns wise for removed, added and columns for changes (data type).

So new keyfigures will be detected as new columns in the underlying cube table.

If you have a new characteristic in your cube you will also need new master data tables in the structure.

Unfortunately this is not detected automatically.

In cases like that it might be a good idea to generate a fresh data foundation and copy the changes from there.

Good luck,

Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marianne,

Sorry I thought I figured it out..

I had added a new field in the cube, so I was able to refresh the structure of the data foundation (.dfx) and view the newly added field. Now how do I refresh the business layer (.blx) structure? I do not want to recreate a new business layer because I have custom formatting formula's etc built into the existing business layer.

Appreciate your inputs as always.

Thanks,

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

I had the same need and followed the steps of refreshing the database foundation and then trying to figure out a way to refresh my business layer to insert my newly added field to the business layer, I found a way.

Right click your root unx title in the business layer tab of your business layer table, and choose 'insert candidate object'. Following the wizard you should be able to select your newly added fields.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Emre. I was also facing similar kind of issue but resolved by 'insert candidate object' option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Former Member

Hi Ann,

If the table structure changes...you need to refresh the structure of the universe.

Open Universe Design open Tables in the structure pane and refresh the tables using right click and Refresh table.

All the Best,

Madhu...