cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for SAP Web UI Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if the ABAP Preview Installation 7.02 supports SAP Web UI Framework. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, you need the WEBCUIF component for the Web UI Framework, which will not be available on the Preview installation system.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for your reply. I was doing some search on internet regarding the same and found following...

"as of Web Client UI Framework Release 7.0 (WEBCUIF 700), the one that comes with CRM 7.0, the framework is available not only in CRM systems but also in the ERP system. In fact, it has been in General Availability since 21/11/2008 on any ABAP system with NetWeaver 7.0 EHP 1. This is the case for

CRM 7.0

ERP 6.0 EHP 4

NetWeaver ABAP 7.0 EHP 1 (such as the SDN trial)"

So if anyone who has installed the ABAP trial on their desktop/laptop can check it under

System-->Status then select Component version to check if software component 'WEBCUIF' exist there.

Since I haven't yet installed the ABAP trail version on my laptop I wanted to check if this is the case.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, I too got the same page you are referring to. I think that is wrong information.

Unfortunately I do not have a trial version installation accessible now, so cannot confirm it.

I agree to the fact that all business suite installations like ERP, SRM, SCM and CRM will have this component by default. But the Netweaver 7.01 and 7.02 by default would have only the four components: SAP_ABAP, SAP_BASIS, SAP_BW and PI_BASIS.

The same is reflected in the SP stack information pages and guides:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000727692011E/spstack_guide_702_sps08.pdf

However the best way is to install and check or if someone else here has an installed system now can let us know.

Regards,

Srikishan