Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM and SAP PS linkgage with respect to quantity

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I came a across the scenario in which i am struck in a linkage between BOM quantity and Raw Material quantity.

In my project i am generating Purchase Requisition for Raw Material from project builder in SAP PS with some quantity through my external activity, i also defined the BOM Reference point in my in the Assignment Tab of the activity and the same Reference point is assigned in the BOM creation for the same Raw Material in the BOM creation screen (CS01).

In BOM i defined the actual quantity defined, if by mistake the quantity defined for the component in the project builder differs from the BOM quantity then at the time of purchase requisition generation in project builder in SAP PS, it will generate the PR for the quantity mentioned for the component in my external activity and not for the quantity mentioned in the BOM, for which i have already assigned the reference point at both front i.e in activity and in my BOM.

My question is what role dose a reference point plays in the linkage of activity and BOM, Secondly is there a possibility that the quantity of material can be reconciled with BOM quantity at the time of generation of Purchase Requisition.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Reference point' is suppose to help only in case you are using BOM transfer function (CN33), where ref. point mentioned in activity and BOM helps you to link exact BOM to exact network activity.

There is no connection or function available which can control your requirements and availabilty by just maintaining reference point.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

I am for the first time doing this type of configuration..

I did some configuration in SPRO -.> Project System -> Material-> Bill of Material Transfer

1) Define Profile for Bill of Material Transfer - I defined the BOM Profile w.r.t plant, BOM Usage (i.e 1 Production), and check on Multi Level, Preliminary requirements, Availability Check

2) Define Reference Points - I defined 4 Reference Points for 4 kinds of material, these reference points are duly in assigned in my activity as well as in BOM item

3) Define Fields in BOM and Activity Reference Point - I define the BOM field name as MENGE (i.e a Techno name for Component Quantity) and for Network Field Name as BMSCH ( i.e a Techno Name for Base Quantity)

Please guide me further on how should i procceed, so that BOM transfer could take place in CN33.

Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon ,

If your activity is already release then system will ignore the next reference field. Check SPRO - Material - BOM Transfer - Define fileld in BOM and Activity as reference.

Regards

Keshav