cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAM: Sending password self-service passwords via e-mail instead of link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured password self-service in AC10.0's UAM and when a password is requested, the user will receive an e-mail containing a link. The user will need to click the link to obtain the password.

During ramp-up, our coach told us that it is possible to send the password directly in the e-mail as per 5.3. This was supposed to be set via the "Maintain Global Provisioning Configuration" in SPRO. I have tried the various possible options but the password is still sent as a link.

Any gurus that can shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Check SAP Note # Note 1582892 - CUP:User password is not coming in notification & Note 1581587 - CUP : User password is not coming in notification.

I hope this applies for Password self service as well.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your reply. The notes that you mentioned are already implemented in my system (as part of SP04). However, I am still facing the same problem. I didn't get a definite answer from my ramp up coach as to whether this is possible or not possible. But looking at 5.3, this should be possible.

Rgrds,

Dan

Edited by: Daniel Wong Tzi Haur on Sep 15, 2011 4:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any else having this issue? If you are able to get the password in the e-mail itself, do let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dan