Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ta OC41 - in PRD modification allowed even though the system is locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus,

I stumbled upon a strange behaviour in our test and productive system.

In the test system transaction OC41 (Change View "Currency Exchange Rates": Overview) shows a popup window saying client xxx has status not modifiable.

So the unlocking with scc4 or se06 poped up in my head.

However when I looked up this example in our productive system, I've found out that I have the possibility for the exchange rates edit even though the system is locked!

Test system is set like this:

SCC4:

Client role: Test

No Change Allowed

No Changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing objs

Protection level 0: No restriction

eCATT and CATT Only Allowed for 'Trusted RFC'

No restrictions set

SE06

Global Setting: Modifiable

Productive system is set like this:

SCC4:

Client role: Productive

No Change Allowed

No Changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing objs

Protection level 0: No restriction

eCATT and CATT Not Allowed

No restrictions set

SE06

Global Setting: Not Modifiable

So how come I can change the exchange rates in productive system and not on the test system?

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards

- Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the currency settings are manual config changes, SAP allows changes to these settings with client role productive even the client is closed.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you did not read the documentation on the "current settings" of the views these transactions start which converts customizing type delivery classes to be able to be maintained locally and no longer transported.

If you do a search here for "current AND settings" you will also find several discussions about it relating to several other views with the same "feature".

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

ps: Actually the TEST system should allow the maintenance as well (client role = TEST).

I would check SAP notes for this and any corrections which they might have delivered?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the currency settings are manual config changes, SAP allows changes to these settings with client role productive even the client is closed.

0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Congratulations for your first (and well earned) points!

Really if you change the client as productive in scc4, you can also then change the currency rates in oc41.

To all above, thanks for telling me to keep on searching, I've found some info and e.g. a note 356483, that might help me in the future.

0 Kudos

actually i think that Julius needs some credit too. The settings for tables to make them yes or no custo relevant are a much harder solution to find and explain then just put a machine to productive.