Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Field in PR05 in Travel Management

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want to make the the Region field mandatory in Pr05 screen . For this I went to SPRO and make region of main destination-ptp02-hrgio field as a required field in input field.Then I went to Pr05 but still ble to save data without filling region field.Could anybody guide where I am wrong and what else I should do? Please suggest.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Unfortunately it is not possible to define the region field as a required one within the standard.

A reason is that you also have entries for a country with region 'blank' in your system and it is not possible to have a mandatory field with a blank entry.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Sally

Actually my client wants a report to view actual rights of an employee as per his grade and the amount he claimed during a travel . For this we define client actual rates in expense type as per various regions. So that by putting the region we can get that report or system will show message . But if we don't choose any region then we may not get this report. So can we make region mandatory only for domestic trips. Please suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi Biraja

I believe you can only do this directly in SE16 in the table PTRV_T706Z_FLDS for the screens DYNNR 1301 and DYNNR 1318 but of course this is then a modification.

PROG: SAPMP56T

DYNR: 1301

FNAME: PTK03-RGION

RDYNNR: PR05

change the properties of 'REQU ENTRY' to 'O'.

Hope it helps!

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biraja,

Sally would also be right with modification but I have tested with standard.

I think you have Marked mandatory only under Travel Manager (Travel Expense only ) node, please do the same thing under Travel Expense Manager then General Trip Data and Per Diems/Flat Rates then General Trip Data and Per Diems/Flat Rates and then select Region of Main Destination - PTP02-HRGIO and alternative display and marked as required field..

then go pr05, change and enter , system will stop you if no region is there...

As discussed i have tested the same thing..

I hope it would serve your purpose.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also note that there are different 3 fields available for region in PR05..

PTP02-HRGIO

PTK05_N-RGION

PTP02-GRGIO

You have to repeat same things for all above three feilds on both (Travel Manager (expense only) and Travel Manager).

Please also note that you have to define at least one region for each country...

Revert back if still founds any problem..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Umar.. issue solved for the time being.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biraja,

It can be done in trip schema..

Please go to Define Schema and Individual Field Control under dialog control.

Expand your schema, then expand Travel Manager (travel expense only) then general trip data and then Region of Main Destination - PTP02-HRGIO , Change Standard format to alternative display type and check on Entry in Field is required.

I hope it would serve your purpose...

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks For your reply . Before posting this question I did the same as mentioned in the question but without any result. Please suggest where is the error.