Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time master data changes | Tax determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this scenario.

User raises the sales order, at the time of raising the sales order, delivering plant region is let's say Maharastra(region MH), ship-to-party region is let's say Karnataka (KA). Order is saved. Ideally, SAP should calculate CST, lets say 5%

User goes to VA02, makes master data change runtime, the ship to party region is changed to let's say MH(Maharastra), remember the shipto party address is still Karnataka address but his region is now changed to MH.

In the sales order change screen user gets the pop-up, redetermine taxes(donot remember the exact message text), but he clicks the donot redetermine button.

Ideally, the user should have clicked redetermine prices, then update button--> Option G (redetermine taxes).

My question:

1) What should be system(SAP) behaviour, when user clicks "Donot redetermine ".

2) What should be system(SAP) behaviour, when user clicks "Redetermine taxe".

3)Last question, pls correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't the user be disallowed from making master data changes "runtime" (while in change mode of Sales Order, he is making master data changes.)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. your points / questions are valid.

Changes in sales order, Tab Partners, SH To -

SAP gives flexibility to the end user. E.g. SH To in CMR (XD02) is Street 500, Post Code 10, Texas. The order entry staff has made 100 sales orders for this SH To.

Later that SH To warehouse is full. The customer calls and requests to change the SH To for 2 sales orders to Street 1001, Post code 1001, Texas. NOT in CMR / master data but just for few sales orders. Then end user can go to VA02 and do the changes in the sales order ITSELF.

Redetermine or DONOT redetermine -

After the changes are done, redetermination of Route, TAxes takes place. & rightly so.

If end user chooses - NO Redetermination, then the values in the sales order remain the same.

Say the Route and Taxes shall remain the same or have to remain the same as per agreement with customer; then the user has the possibiilty to choose DO NOT redetermine.

If you have anyother questions, please convey them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typewriter,

Flexibility to the user to change data from the sales order is ok. But in my case, I've several invoices for which when the Sales order was originally saved, VAT was triggered, now in the change mode VA02, if the user changes the ship to party region to other region CST should be triggered, which he has prevented by cancelling "Redetermine taxes".

I spent sleepless nights analyzing this, but after the live demo by the user I understand what went wrong. I've several such cases, where VAT got triggered instead of CST and vice-versa.

Also, VAT and CST condition types are maintained manually in the pricing procedure, despite having created a condition record for UTXJ.

I'm living in a chaotic world.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you should talk to consultants who have worked in Indian scenario like Mr. Lakshmipathi or so..because they might have faced a similar issue.

Regards

Raghu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems in your case - it is a question of users NOT being trained properly or after training,not following protocol. As a SD consultant (especially support consultant) you are NOT to be blamed.

About cond records NOT picked up automatically, check / analyze tax determination or pricing determination for tax cond types.

Ofcourse, if Lakshmipathi or other members can help, that would be a big plus for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the risk of annoying some of you.

If we rule out the human error factor how can VAT/CST get swapped in such a scenario. On the same day an invoice raised let's say two hours has correct CST condition type but an invoice raised two hours later is picking VAT for CST.

For both the invoices:

Same document type at order level

Same document type at billing level

Same pricing procedure(order level and billing)

Same ship-to party

Same delivering plant

Tax Code for UTXJ is correct

VAT/CST condition types are manual in TAXINJ

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Newbie,

A valid condition record has been found and picked up by the system. This is the technical explanation.

Now to find the valid cond record - with VAT or CST - the sales order values play a key role vis-a-vis the values in the fields of the condition table.

Check Tab condition, button analysis; analyze why a particular cond type was selected, comparing both documents (before and after xhrs). It might become clear.

Remember, most probably (99,99%) it is not arbitary. The reason could be in button Analysis.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got an input from the user, there is a pattern but only sometimes.

This is predominant in some "Sales Orders transferred from B1/CRM to SAP R/3". Has this any bearing?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I clearly understand the issue, the region specific taxes are not considered in orders as expected, because the redetermination of taxes was switched off.

If you have done that, i tis not very difficult now also as long as they are not invoiced.

Get the region of the ship to party for every item using the tables VBAP, VBPA and ADRC.

Now using the region code adn the tax condition types, find out the order items which are not correct. Until this is the time consuming and more important part.

Once you have that list, rest is a simple repricing in VA05 with option of just redetermining the taxes and all your wrong transactions will be rectified.

Let me know if the issue is something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishnan(Am I allowed to you address like that),

There are several cases, one in which redetermination has been switched off.

But I have close to 10-15 Sales orders which have been invoiced and released to accounts. I am doing post-mortem,sort-of.

But the pattern is similar VAT is getting triggered for CST and vice versa.

As I conveyed ealier, on the same day 5 invoices were raised for identical cases but 3 invoices are correct and in two VAT got triggered instead of CST. I've checked all the basics for Tax Determination, lemme try the option suggested by you as well.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your description is clear except for "Region". what do you mean by changing region, are you changing SH in VA02? and then popup with Redetermine....follows?

and what do you mean by shouldn't the user be disallowed from making master data changes "runtime"

(the possibility of changes in master data in VA02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

Your description is clear except for "Region". what do you mean by changing region, are you changing SH in VA02? and then popup with Redetermine....follows?

Yes, the user is changing the region of ship to party from VA02, va02 screen> top left>ship to party(link)-->partners screen >ship to party(select)>click magnifying glass-->change region

and what do you mean by shouldn't the user be disallowed from making master data changes "runtime"

(the possibility of changes in master data in VA02)

Why complicate the things by making the changes dynamically. If master data changes need to be made, they can very well be made before raising the sales order, is n't it?