cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Related Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Demo Server. I have configured stms by adding a virtual system. I have created a Transport Request and released it. Now I want it to show in the import queue of my system. So I am adding it manually via transaction stms_import --> Extras --> Other Requests --> Add.

But its giving error :- Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247**

**Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

So, I tried to Add it manually from OS via command:-

tp addtobuffer <Req No> <SID> Client=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_DV1.PFL

This time it is sucessful and I can see it in the import queue.

I want to know why it is not happening through SAP.

I have tested the following things:-

1. Trans_DIR - Its set in domain.pfl. Path is correct.

2. Tp test - It showing OK

3. Connection Test - Ok

4. Stms is configured. Routes are designed.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Santanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But its giving error :- *Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247***

This simply means either the Transport request does not released yet, or it might be a Local change request. You need to check on SE01

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its solved now. I ran the program RDDNEWPP again in 000 and 100 client using ddic user.

Thanks for ur help. I will reward points to all.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi database&,

Here's the reply to your questions.

How many systems are there in this transport management system ? 1 system and one virtual

Demo server is DEV system or something else ? Yes you can consider as dev

'Import queue' of which system ? Import queue of dev system. I have a single system only

DIR_TRANS is same for both the systems (system from where the transport is released and the system where you want to import the transport) and as well as shared between them ? Yes

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that 'virtual' system as QA.

So you have setup TMS using that real DEV and virtual QA. You setup transport route, create a transport and release it.

The time when you release the transport, it is already applied now in DEV. Why it should be there in DEV Import queue then ? It would be shown in that Virtual system's Import queue (second system/QA) but not in dev import queue.

In any case you need not to 'apply/import' that transport 'again' in DEV, when it is already created and released from DEV.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the TMS is configured correctly and the tp test is successful, i suggest to check the file permissions and ownership for the corresponding data and cofile files at OS level and then try adding the TR again to the import queue.

Regards,

Varun

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest firstly to ensure you're on latest tp/R3trans version. Once done, check that RDDIMPDP has been schedulled correctly (by DDIC user both on 000 client and the clients involved in the transport).

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Demo Server. I have configured stms by adding a virtual system. I have created a Transport Request and released it. Now I want it to show in the import queue of my system

How many systems are there in this transport management system ?

Demo server is DEV system or something else ?

'Import queue' of which system ?

DIR_TRANS is same for both the systems (system from where the transport is released and the system where you want to import the transport) and as well as shared between them ?

Thanks