cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co relation in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my scenario have two files Header and line items ,Header file contains multiple header and line item file contains multiple line item which belongs to different orders.

How does correlation works in BPM whether it works at record level or file level .

I need to create idoc for each order (header and its corresponding line item) one file contains multiple orders(multiple headers)

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How does correlation works in BPM whether it works at record level or file level .

the files that come to BPM should have some common value....say your Header and item file have a field called ID and which has value ID = 1234 in both the files....in this case the correlation will work and BPM will process the messages.

alternately you can try giving a constant value to the corelation fields in BPM so that the files are processed without the need for an actual co-related field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thanks

Whether its necessary to check multi line option in container when we are checking for co relation on individual record of a file

regards

sandeep

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check multiline that means all the occurence of the field will be checked against the condition.

If any one matches the condition then it will return true.

If your source field has only one occurence then no need to check the multiline option.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

multiline option is used when you have several reocrds on which logic needs to be applied.....in your case I doubt if your ID (if any) will have multiple occurences....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my case i have header file which have multiple headers (multiple orders )and line item file with multiple line items(multiple line items for each header).

ragards

sandeep

Answers (0)