cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of QA inspection type 05 & 08 and difference between the two

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know Meaning of QA inspection type 05 i.e. Inspection for loans taken (borrowed) and 08 i.e. Inspection for loans returned and difference between the two. When to use 05 & when to use 08? It will be easy to understand if you give some practicle examples.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't mention it but it appears you must have a special SAP solutions release. Probably "SAP for Banking" I assume.

The terminology you are using is probably foregin to most folks here including myself. In the traditional SAP system an 08 inspection type is to trigger an inspection for goods that move between plants and/or inventory locations while an 05 is an inspection for "other goods recipt". Often a receipt of a cutomer return.

In your case, it sounds like an 05, would be used to trigger some type of review or inspection of a loan when it is being issued? Like an underwriter's approval? I really don't know and I am just guessing here.

As far as the 08 (loan returned), I would guess maybe this causes a review when the final payment on a loan is made to have some one check it and make sure everything is complete?

These are just guesses and you'll have to hope that someone from the banking industry is checking the forum and can comment on this.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addtion to what Hari has mentioned we used 05 inspection lots as cutover inspection lots when we loaded inventory to the system after go live.

Also, we used 08 inspection types to transfer the stock to quality stock using an IM movement type MIGO_TR. In the LS industry we called this as a local hold. Very commonly used by the QA on the shopfloor.

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

what your mention in your language i cont understood but 05 inspection we can implement other inspections like intial stock upload purpose and by product checking purpose 08 inspection we can use all stock transfer means unrestricted to quality or plant to plant or s.loc to s.loc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

05-Inspection for other goods receipt

08-Inspection for a stock transfer

05 is used for other goods receipt, ie, neither raw material receipt nor production house receipt. Like you have received some material as customer return and want to manage the stock through quality, so use 05 inspection type instead of standard customer return inspection type 06 (Which is non-stock relevant).

08 inspection type is related to stock transfer, Like you have moved a material from storage location X to Y, so for this you need an inspection lot to be created. In that cas you will be using inspection type 08, does not matter whether your material is raw or in house produced.

Hope it is clear

Regards

Hari