cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch download with xml & Java patch upgrade in Solman7.0 up to stack17

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Actually I want to upgrade my Java Patch for SolMan 7.0 it is on stack 14 now.

And I know I can go up to stack 17 and then Iu2019ll have to upgrade it with EHP.

1. Step by step procedure to download JAVA PATCH (stack) & ABAP also form service market place ?

I think there is some XML file which Iu2019ll have to generate I donu2019t know how ?

2. Step by step procedure to upgrade the JAVA patch.

Please I Know it must be repetition for this question but I have not found the step by step process to do the above.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. If you want to upgrade your system to EHP1 then first you have to upgrade it to SP17, then exchange 701 release kernel and then do the EHP upgrade but all needs to be done with SPAM/SAINT/JSPM.

In order to upgrade your system to SP17, no stack file is required.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt replay & suggestion but ultimately If Iu2019ll have to upgrade stack14 to stack17 of SolMan7.0 , what is the procedure for the same ?

Do you have any documentation, Please suggest me the link or drop the document on my mail id,- akashbhongmailcom

Regards,

Akashbhong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To update to Stack 17:

- Goto http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks -> SP Stack Download -> SAP solution manager 7.0

- Select source SP stack as 14 and target as 17.

- Proceed through the complete process of selecting the kernel files, stack files and also download the stack.xml file.

- Once the download files are placed in your download basket, download using the download manager

- Update the Kernel and uncar the ABAP packages.

- Place the uncarred ABAP packages and Java SCA files in ..\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

- Apply ABAP patches via SPAM tcode

- Apply Java patches via JSPM

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Bingo! I am clear now that how to download the Patch for ABAP & JAVA. But here when I tried to follow the process, source stack 14 was not available there is only 13, 15 so I have gone with initial stack. But what about stack 14 ?

Please tell me the process of JAVA patch upgrade using JSPM, I have done the ABAP patch upgrade many times but JAVA not a single time. I am worried.

Please help me with the JAVA patch upgrade process.

Thanks in advance

Akash Bhong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should not be a problem, please let us know the version and SP level for the component ST in your Solution Manager ABAP system. Based on that the SP Stack level can be found.

You could select Stack 13 as the source stack and Stack 17 as the target. Just that the SP update process would ignore the SP14 patches.

JSPM is the tool used for performing Java SP Patching. Check the blog for JSPM usage. Though the blog shows kernel patching, procedure is same for all components patching.

/people/storm.archer/blog/2008/10/29/video-blog-updating-the-sap-kernel-using-jspm

SAP Help Docu: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a8/02784278b66255e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Thanks Srikishan,

Thanks for your overall help,

Now Iu2019ll download the patches and will try this on our test system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will get every info there in Solution Manager upgrade guide. If you have OSS access, try to navigate the path -

service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Components --> SAP Solution Manager --> Release 7.0 EhP1

There you will get several sections like Installation, Operation, Upgrade. Download the upgrade guide according to your OS/DB platform. (For e.g. Upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Windows / DB6 )

Otherwise I would advise if you can check the direct upgrade to SAP Solution Manager version 7.1

Go through the same patch and select Release 7.1 --> then upgrade guides.

Thanks