Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Message Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement related to mail message template. it is as follows:

1. Restrict the notification to document owner (it is to be sent to his mail-id)

2. Collaborator notifications should be sent to a central mailbox ( not to be sent to their mail-ids)

Now recipient/sender etc, all information is fixed and can not be changed for a particular mailtype, so is there any possibility in the system to configure this scenario.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of standard email template you are correct that recipient/sender information is fixed and can not be changed for a particular mailtype.

An alternative approach could be to create a custom mail message through scripting to be sent to the intended recipient.You can create a field validation or a document lifecycle management script type based on your requirement.

Another workaround for collaborators is assigning them central mailbox ID instead of personal ID in user account. This could work in some cases for e.g. legal group having central mailbox ID need access to all MA/ Contracts . You can evaluate this option based on your exact requirement

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks! for your reply...But i have a slight clarification to seek..

As you said i can create a custom mail message to be sent to a particular collaborator,

I also evaluated this option before posting this question, Although i am not a technical guy but i searched and could find only one method sendMailToApprovers() . Can you please elaborate about the method that we can use for this.

Considering it is possible to send a mail through scripting,

Can we send an auto mail to an approver if an approval item is pending for more than 7 days lets say, as there is no standard template that sends this kind of notification.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to send mail throuh scripting you need to use JAVA mail API to create MIME mesges which could be sent to intended recipient using transport. send() method. I would suggest searching on web. you can use the following thread as reference

For your second query, again scripting is required. You can take following thread as

Regards

Mudit Saini