cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while uplaoding SP's through SPAM > application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

We are trying to patch SOLMAN server to SP26 using SPAM.

In SPAM while uploading through the option "From Front Server" system is able to take the SAR file.

But when Iam trying the option from application server, system is unable to pick entire stack it is showing only one package

"CSN0120061532_0054039.PAT CRMUIF====500 @EB\QAlready uploaded@ 0004 OCS file already exists in inbox. Upload not required."

How to populate entire stacks of Service Patches.

I have copied all the downloads in "EPS/in" folder

How to go forward.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Please make sure that you are choosing the EPS/in in correct trans directory, second make sure that all the dependencies are full filled for support package you are trying to import. Third check the queue is defined properly before importing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to go forward.

I hope you have put all the downloads in EPS/in in 'extracted' form. And that particular EPS/in is accessible from this solman.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos
How to go forward.

Then why again your are uploading from front end?

Just continue with import process OR as mentioned be above techie just delete relevant files from EPS/in and re-load.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

While importing the que , Iam getting a message "The OCS Package Queue is empty".

Further More I have tried uploading file by file from front end.What ever I have decompressed those are only visible in application server option also.

Even when I tried to upload from front end option.Sytem ia giving a warning message --

"The file transfer with the GUI upload function can take a long time for files that are larger than 200 MB.

The file 'K-701DHINSAPBASIS.SAR' is 535,356,864 bytes in size. You should therefore use FTP to transfer it to the application server and unpack it there, as described in the 'Load Support Package' section of the Online Help."

And it is coming out of the activity.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you upload the file via front end or through application server it will upload the file on queue. After that you have to define a queue, without defining a queue you can't import any Patch. I believe you are missing something.

1. Load all the files through EPS\in

2. Define the queue by selecting the support patch

3. Start importing the queue.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I tried loading all SAR files through front end option.

Some files which are more than 200MB.It is giving an error.

"An error occurred while transferring file '\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\K-1507HINSTPL.SAR' from the frontend computer".

How to upload a file through front end which is more than 200MB.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct. Better to go with SAPCAR - xvf and upload the file directly to Application server.

Thanks

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

i will brief the steps once again and may help you

1. First clean entire directory of EPS/in

2. Then uncar all the SAR files by residing at /usr/sap/trans directory(with sidadm) using SAPCAR -xvf <folder name>/<SAR file name>

3. Update the latest SPAM tool as available from service market place

4. Login into 000 client with SPAM code and then check the transport tool with following path

Utilities-->Check Transport tool

Output should come as OK code.

5. Now load the packages from application server

Please ensure the steps 1-4 correctly. If you have performed these steps well, then there shouldnot be any problem.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Thanks alot for your reply.

As you told, There is a problem with my transport tool. As Iam working on a test system which I made it up through system copy.

I have reconfigured my TMS. as right now it is working fine.

Then I have cleared "EPS\IN" directory and run sapcar from "trans\" directory and extracted the files.

There are no files in "EPS\IN".

While trying through load from application server in SPAM,

System is giving the message "No OCS files were found for uploading".

How to go about.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you uncar the files properly?

Try to uncar it once again and then check the files in EPS/in

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this is the real problem, you don't get the required extracted files in EPS/in

Why don't you put all the .SAR,.CAR package files into another folder (folder than trans) and extract those files there. This process will create another 'EPS/in' directory/folder inside that example folder (above created folder). Then move the contents of this EPS/in into real trans/EPS/in

Try to test what happens when you extract a single .SAR package file at OS ? Does it create EPS/in at the same place where .SAR file was placed ?

Thanks

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As suggested by Durga - Can you perform the steps again and let us know.

Only thing which i would like to add is once you clear the EPS/in please perform load packages from application server. Once done then paste/uncar the .att/.pat files and perform load packages.

Let us know your feedback.

Regards, Amber S | A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

If the message is showing as " No OCS files were found for uploading ", then definitely there might me 2 reasons

1. uncared files are not happening under /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in path

2. if the uncared files (.ATT & .PAT) are happening in the above path and still the system shows same means they might have already loaded into the system.

as mentioned in your last post, you are saying as

Then I have cleared "EPS\IN" directory and run sapcar from "trans\" directory and extracted the files &

There are no files in "EPS\IN

which means the files are not uncaring into usr/sap/trans/EPS/in path.

so uncar only one SAR file (should always with sidadm) first and watch for .ATT & .PAT files in usr/sap/trans/EPS/in path and then load that files from 000 client with SPAM transaction.

if the above step is not happening means your uncar procedure is wrong.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Chaitanya kiran ,

SPAM -> Extras -> Reset Status -> queue (if not applied yet)

or remove the .ATT and .PTT files or basis patch from EPS/in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan,

Thanks for your reply.

Still the same status after resetting the status.

"CSN0120061532_0054039.PAT CRMUIF====500 @EB\QAlready uploaded@ 0004 OCS file already exists in inbox. Upload not required."

Regards,

Kiran