Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of decimal places in Price field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ECC 5.0.

As in standard SAP, we can store price values in 2 decimals. If we change the decimal setting for the currency, we have an option to increase the decimals to 5. But the issue is that if we increase the decimals to 5, the total value any price field can store is reduced.

eg -

The standard price field has 11 integers and 2 decimals.

if we increase the decimals to 5, the integers will reduce to 8.

So, is it possible that only the standard price field can have 5 or 6 decimals? or do we need to modify standard SAP ?

Help in this will be appreciated!!

Regards,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna!

Yes, that's true: you can either have high prices or high accuracy, but not both together (because field length stays fixed).

Don't think about a modification - to much changes would be necessary. I never have seen a situation, where you needed more than about 6 significant digits (= not '0'): high prices don't have decimals.

So you usually change a factor: Maintain prices for higher or smaller units to get into the correct range. Or you might use different currencies in different situations. You can also maintain prices per 100 or 1000 units (in case of cheap products).

If nothing else is possible, you might use two conditions: one without decimals, second one only decimals, the sum of both can be a very precise high price.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you pls elaborate the same??

How do i go about it??

Thanks in advance,

Swapna