cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Consultants,

I have a situation where we have a quantity of finished product which has been sold to the customer, and ownership has transferred to them.

Physically we did not ship the stock as they want use to store it for them, and we have agreed to charge them a storage fee.

My problem is When post goods issue was carried out stock was reduced so it is no longer showing as being on our warehouse, question how can I have visibility of this stock on SAP?

Regards,

SD Consultant

Edited by: serry1 on Sep 14, 2011 1:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mentioned, if you have to manage the customer stock in your location, then you have to go for consignment process. In the present scenario, once GI is done, the stock cannot be tracked in your system.

The second part where you want to charge a fee for warehousing can be handled thorugh different ways. Though RRB is a possibility, I dont suggest that as the configurations and the process is also complex and cumbersome, also difficult to track.

You can think creating a debit memo to the customer every month for the warehouse fee. The stock still cannot be handled in the system. The only way to handle the stock is consignment.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another option is do PGI after creating the invoice.This can be acheived by changing the copy control settings from delivery to invoice.Then stock will remain with your storage location and will be reduced only after doing PGI.

In the sales order itself you charge the storage fee as per the requirement.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option would be trying with rental contracts or resource related billing for the services provided. If the quantity needs to be shown in the plant stock, then the business can think about using customer consignment process.

Regards,