cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 4.6 / 4.7 is supported by which version of SMD Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are considering installing SMD agent for our whole landscape.

I discovered that SMD agent 7.0, 7.01, 7.11, 7.20, 7.30 support officially 6.40, 7.00 and higher.

However, we have R/3 4.6 / 4.7 installed and not yet upgraded. Could someone tell me that R/3 systems are supported by which version of SMD Agent ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not supported - refer to attachment in Note 1365123

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how about de upgrade management in Solution Manager?

We are told that we could use Solution Manager to make the upgrade automatical. We suppose that it is done by SMD agent, no?

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Advyso,

Are you refering to the [Solution Manager Maintenance Optmizer|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Maintenance+Optimizer]?

If yes, Mopz does not use the SMDagent.

The SMDAgent is used for E2E Diagnostics and for End-User Experience Monitoring.

Also, Maintenance Optimizer is required to download Support Packages, released after April 2nd, 2007 for all SAP applications based on SAP NetWeaver 2004s and above. This includes e.g. mySAP ERP 2005 and mySAP CRM 2005. In addition, it is also required for SAP NetWeaver 2004s standalone. However, you can download kernel updates without Maintenance Optimizer.

Check the Mopz FAQ WIKI page:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/MaintenanceOptimizerFAQ

I hope this helps.

BR,

Allam

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Advyso,

Check SAP Note 1010428. 4.6C are not supported for End-to-End Diagnsotics.

System 4.6c is not included under section Supported Products and Prerequesites by SAP Solution Manager SP

So, you do not need to install a SMDAgent for these systems.

BR,

Allam