cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Charsets in SAP MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am told that xml/database charsets have been reduced/changed in SAP MDM 7.1 as compared to SAP MDM 5.5.

Can anyone tell me some details about this?

This would help me resolve structural exceptions in SAP MDM 7.1

Edited by: karthik K02 on Sep 13, 2011 10:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have read a few threads say this,apart from talking about "Save update" solution for structural exception issue after aa upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1

The number of charsets were reduced in 7.1 because of which files were going to Structural exceptions instead of being imported,although manual import showed no error.On "Save update" of the concerned map the error was resolved.This happened as the underlying schema was updated by this action and there was no more structural exception.

Experts please comment if you know of this reduced/changed supported Charset with SAP MDM 7.1 as against SAP MDM 5.1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to it,if you are referring to the way import happens in sap mdm 7.1 as against sap mdm 5.5 you are right.

The method has changed as sap mdm 5.5 used to stage data whereas sap mdm 7.1 maps files directly to schema.

Let me know if you have any query.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

Please go through this thread :

Go through Shiv's Probably this is what you are looking for.

Please update or close the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Verma on Sep 15, 2011 8:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Shambhu,

Thanks a lot.

Let me test the scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

doing a save update would update the underlying xsd and your problem should be solved.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

problem resolved!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure about any deprecation related to XML char sets. Please paste your error message.

But read thru the following, something might help -

All SAP MDM 7.1 Release information can be found at -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/48/fc35094c6a2b34e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Also check SAP Note 1009016 - Access, Excel, complex XML not supported on Win64 MDIS

Also refer Page 52 -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70b0caa1-92e5-2c10-c687-a8d05e778...

Thanks,

Shambhu.