cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Solution Manager 7.1 Solman_Setup problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have installed SOLMAN 7.1 (SID = HSM) and Portal NW 730 (SID = HPP) . I have configured Solman Basic and System Preparation steps. Portal (HPP) system has SDM 7.30 Diagnostic on it and configure to SOLMAN system. Isee all agent on Agent Administrator on SOLMAN_WORKCENTER. But when i checked Managed System Configuration Page see couple errors;

- All technical Systems Status are RED LED.

- Portal System (HPP) Status Errors;

- 'HPPJAVA': No Path found in Server Node 'HPPJAVA~6421250'.

- The definition of Technical System 'HPPJAVA' is not correct: 'HPPJAVA': No Path found in Server Node 'HPPJAVA6421250'

- SOLMAN (HSM) Status Error;

for ABAP;

- 'HSM~ABAP': No Instance found

- 'HSM~ABAP': Technical System must have a Central Service Instance

- The definition of Technical System 'HSMABAP' is not correct: 'HSMABAP': No Instance found

- The definition of Technical System 'HSMABAP' is not correct: 'HSMABAP': Technical System must have a Central Service Instance.

for JAVA;

- 'HSM00001~JAVA': No Diagnostics relevant Software Component Version found.

- 'HSM00001JAVA': No Path found in Server Node 'HSM00001JAVA~2614750'.

- 'HSM00001JAVA': No Path found in Dispatcher Node 'HSM00001JAVA~2614700'

- The definition of Technical System 'HSM00001JAVA' is not correct: 'HSM00001JAVA': No Diagnostics relevant SoftwareComponent Version found

How can i solve these problems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I used SOLMAN SLD and i have updated lates SLDmodel and CR version on both of them (SOLMAN and Portal).

Model Version (sld/active): 1.6.16

SAP CR Content Version (sld/active): SAP_CR 7.4 (produced 09/05/2011)

I used SOLMAN SLD to sync with LMDB. It has finished sync. Its interesting because when i cheked SLD on both of them, i see every system info correct and all instances but on SOLMAN it gives me these errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installing the SMD Agent - did you also run the SMD Agent configuration wizard for the managed system on the Solution Manager? It is in this wizard, the parameters like central service instance number, path etc are provided and configured.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I just reinstalled my portal system last night and could not configured SMD on it. Right now i uninstalled DAA (SMDIA) instance on Portal and installed again. I was configurin SMD agent to connect SOLMAN like this;

(smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://trgmdso1.havas.local" port:"8101" user:"j2ee_admin" pwd:"xxxxxx")

(smdsetup sldconf hostname:"trgmdso1.havas.local" port:"50000" user:"j2ee_admin" pwd:"xxxxx")

And i learned this command yesterday but i dont know its working or not :

Smdsetup hostagentconf emhost:YOUR_INTROSCOPE_ENTERPRISE_MANAGER_HOST emport:6001 state:on

Could you tell me how i can start SMD agent wizard on my managed system?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is best to use the SAPInst for installing/registering the SMD Agent onto the solution manager.

Please check the Diagnostics Agent Setup Guide at the SMP: https://service.sap.com/diagnostics

Also screenswiki here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/InstallationofSMDAgent

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I uninstalled DAA instance and started sapint installation and it asked me configuration for solution manager system. I t started. But when i goto solman_workcenter -> Solution Manager Administration -> Agent Framework - Status -> I cannot see any agent on Current Status screen but when i go to Agent Admin -> All agents -> Agents ;

Server Name

Version

Status

TRGMDPO1.havas.local <no server name> 7.10.3.0.20110823102240

TRGMDSO1.havas.local <no server name> 7.10.3.0.20110823102240

Status are green. But why dont seen on main page? And why they dont have server name ?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

And how can i connect my managed system HPP to Solman CA Wily Interscope? How do i configure my managed system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the wiki link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Managed_Systems. Once installed the Java system, you to register it properly in the SMSY tcode of the Solution manager. This place provides hostname etc information regarding the managed system.

To ensure proper registration, register the portal system to the Solution Manager SLD and then run smsy_setup tcode on the Solution Manager. SMSY will get populated then.

The SMD Diagnostics configuration wizard would take care of agent setup for managed system along with Wily setup.

On the solution manager syste -> tcode solman_workcenter -> Root Cause Analysis Tab -> Common Tasks -> Setup and Check -> Diagnostic Setup. This wizard will recognize the agent's host and other details. Complete this wizard to complete the setup.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why should i use SMSY? SOLMAN 7.1 has LMDB and it should add it automatic. I talked with const. from SAP and he told me LMDB does it automaticly. I installed Diagnostic agent, SLD and LMDB for it. If i use SMSY like old version why they say use SOLMAN 7.1 ????

And there is no "screen tcode solman_workcenter -> Root Cause Analysis Tab -> Common Tasks -> Setup and Check -> Diagnostic Setup" in SOLMAN 7.1 .

I guess i need to uninstall SOLMAN 7.1. I can install it maybe after SP10!...

There is no really good documentation. ITs not reliable system..

There are just Power point files. There is no really good documentation file and configuration document.

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The links provided to you are for 7.0 EHP1.

I'm expert in Diagnostics, I kindly ask you to review these links:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

-> SAP Components

-> Release 7.1

You can find all documentation there.

Also in the Wikis: always use the home page to read the links you are entering. So you need to access

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/

There you can see several pages for 7.1 release.

The right procedure is to use transaction SOLMAN_SETUP to set ALL your Solution Manager 7.1.

And you are partially right, SMSY does not need to be maintained manually as the LMDB is now used and will maintain the SMSY automatically. In the setup process it will let you choose if you want to transfer content from SMSY to LMDB, but this is only a one time procedure, this update is not standard.

Please rely on SOLMAN_SETUP, it is very good and it has everything documented and organized.

Don't hesitate to reply here or to open a message for SAP.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry my bad, I got you confused. Please follow the above expert's suggestion.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan D,

Please don't be sorry about this. You just wanted to help me to solve our problem. As i told you before SOLMAN 7.1 is not stable as early versions but it will.So last 9 days, i'm speaking with sap consultant and they really helping me. So they said the problem should be solved from solman_setup and we don't need to use any other tool.

But there problem with LMDB and SLD data. I hope i can find a solution.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

I'll ask my question in a new thread so I can lavishly award points. See thread about SOLMAN_SETUP and Wily Enterprise Manager and DIAG Agent version. Thanks,

David

Edited by: David Hill on Sep 16, 2011 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which system's SLD you have planned to sync with LMDB? SLD needs to be on latest CR model and content.